For those not able to go to Morrison's Grand Reopening...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a question if anyone knows the answer. I read that the state owns it but leases it to the county... so who collects the revenue and will my state park pass get me in?

Ken

I'm going to try and be there around 10 am and stay dry until after the ribbon cutting at 11. I'll probably get one dive in and head home because I've got to work Thursday night.
OK, I may have to work, but Ill try and meet you there.

I've got a question if anyone knows the answer. I read that the state owns it but leases it to the county... so who collects the revenue and will my state park pass get me in?

Ken

The State owns it - the county runs it - there are no fees to pay to get into the park and no money to the government (yet :D)

Yet.... I bet that will change. (Soon)

Ken

Does that really say "scuba rinse station"?

There's not a truer definition of irony... rinsing spring water off your gear with chlorinated tap water.

At least it seems like you'll be able to use a cart for your gear and roll it up to the "scuba center" where the ramp goes down, maybe a bike lock would be a good investment.

Ken

The State owns it - the county runs it - there are no fees to pay to get into the park and no money to the government (yet :D)

Yet.... I bet that will change. (Soon)

supposedly, the grant money that was used to "upgrade" the park, part of the stipulation was that it not charge an "entry fee".

Of course when is the last time you knew of an "honest" elected official? :rofl3:

Does that really say "scuba rinse station"?

There's not a truer definition of irony... rinsing spring water off your gear with chlorinated tap water.

It's well water...

I doubt they add anything to it.

From what I understand, it failed even to mee the requirements of "drinking water for public consumption" in the permits by the health department and/or the EPA.

So after this Thursday (the 27th) Morrisons is open completly to the public? If so that is great news. We will now have another close dive site for Springfest!!!

So after this Thursday (the 27th) Morrisons is open completly to the public? If so that is great news. We will now have another close dive site for Springfest!!!

Close is relative.... it's still going to be a bit of a drive for me.

Ken

Its to rinse the pee off, duh!

Close is relative.... it's still going to be a bit of a drive for me.

Ken

Read what he typed, its another close site to SpringFest(held at Vortex Springs). If you've already made it to SpringFest, no matter where you started from, your close to Morrison.

Did they ever instal a ladder or steps on the dock for a cleaner exit, or is it still planned to exit from the beach?

As for the rinse station - I'm glad its there. I never dove that place where I didn't have gravel and such in places on my scuba gear where I thought not even water could get to.

Looking forward to gettin back in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom