For those not able to go to Morrison's Grand Reopening...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did they ever instal a ladder or steps on the dock for a cleaner exit, or is it still planned to exit from the beach? ...

I believe there is a ladder at each end of the floating dock - still not as good as steps in my opinion.

ladder3.jpg

Yeah, gotta work. Next time, yoda.

Good,I will not feel like a hoodlum from sneaking in anymore. Heading down there near the end of march.:D

Ok, so what kinda ladder contraption is on that boat. Please tell me thats not where someone shines the spot light from when gaiter huntin. Lol

Ok, so what kinda ladder contraption is on that boat. Please tell me thats not where someone shines the spot light from when gaiter huntin. Lol

I have a feeling that ladder is part of the equipment of the "dock install crew".

When they are installing docks at peoples houses, the boat houses typically have roofs on them they use the boat as an elevated work platform.

why is it in the "up position" here in this pic? prob just to get it off the deck and out of the way .,....

at least that's what I figure... :D

There is a heavy duty aluminum ladder on the end of the dock. I used it when we dove from a boat at Morrison about a month ago. It is strong enough to handle a diver with doubles if need be....the main problem I saw was that it is too narrow.

Did they ever instal a ladder or steps on the dock for a cleaner exit, or is it still planned to exit from the beach?

As for the rinse station - I'm glad its there. I never dove that place where I didn't have gravel and such in places on my scuba gear where I thought not even water could get to.

Looking forward to gettin back in.

Dock or not, I don't think you would find my fat keester climbing up a ladder which is attached to a flat bottom boat. I can't even keep my butt upright in a canoe, much less 12 foot up a non-stationary ladder. Dare I be the source of entertainment for the crowd. Lol. In EMS we call this "Job security". Lol

The platform is not "over" the hole. The basin was blown out when I dove it a month ago....so it was hard to tell exactly how far away it is...but the log over the hole is at least 10 yards away from the platform...that is my guess.

The platform is right over the hole and an easy stride in, but for heavy doubles the beach may still be the easy way out of the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom