For those who like to use their camera pole this is for you!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Dauntless,
Very good suggestion. I will be making my first attempt at UW video with my new gopro around Xmas time and although I purchased an LCD bacpac I have decided against using it UW because I am convinced staring into a 2" LCD at the end of a pole 3ft away to frame the shoot constantly is only going to spoil my experience and pleasure of simply diving UW. Using the light beam is a great idea.

Hi Z Gear,
Is using the torch as a top handle with the gopro upside down at the other end of the pole a workable idea? I didn't quite understand the implications of your light fixture/attachment being adjustable in this scenario. Is it too flexible to use this way? Say I grip the vertical section of the fixture in my palm (thumb and fingers curled around it right below the torch) and velcro the remaining 8" base of the gopole around my forearm to stabilize it, do you think it is a workable idea?

P

Sent from Tablet, please excuse brevity and typos...

Last edited:
Hi Dauntless,
Very good suggestion. I will be making my first attempt at UW video with my new gopro around Xmas time and although I purchased an LCD bacpac I have decided against using it UW because I am convinced staring into a 2" LCD at the end of a pole 3ft away to frame the shoot constantly is only going to spoil my experience and pleasure of simply diving UW. Using the light beam is a great idea.

Hi Z Gear,
Is using the torch as a top handle with the gopro upside down at the other end of the pole a workable idea? I didn't quite understand the implications of your light fixture/attachment being adjustable in this scenario. Is it too flexible to use this way? Say I grip the vertical section of the fixture in my palm (thumb and fingers curled around it right below the torch) and velcro the remaining 8" base of the gopole around my forearm to stabilize it, do you think it is a workable idea?

P

to
It could work but I have not try this in the inverted position. As far as the mount flexibility you can make the mount to be more like a fixed mount by using the star key provided to tighten the clamps around the ball joints.This will make the mount less able to flex to different angles or positions, enabling you to use it as a handle in which you can hold it from. I have used the light mount as a handle to help me steady my shot. Placing one hand on the light mount and the other hand on to the pole handle really steadied my shot when filming something close up.

I will be posting a promotion for these dive light mounts to be available for scuba board members in the next day or so. It will be a product review give away promotion. We want members to see how great this product is and we would like you guys to participate in this give away. STAY TUNED!

Do you have a dealer in Bangkok? That will save me on shipping cost that would be almost equal to product price.

Thanks

Hi Z Gear,
I agree with you about preferring not to use the GoPro inverted especially with the LCD bacpac. As for battery life, I allways have two extra batteries charged and ready to go anyway. I'm also interested in the mount and your promotion about it. Tell me more!

Hi Z Gear,
I agree with you about preferring not to use the GoPro inverted especially with the LCD bacpac. As for battery life, I allways have two extra batteries charged and ready to go anyway. I'm also interested in the mount and your promotion about it. Tell me more!

That great because this the week I was planning on offering members an opportunity to receive a free light mount. I was trying to see how many would be interested in trying this out. It is a very practical item, I really like using it. I can even hold on to the mount like a handle and put the other hand on the end of the camera pole, to help my stabilize my shot. Utilizing two hands on the camera pole helps out if you are having issues in this area.

If you or anyone really likes to use their camera pole and would like to review this product please chime in and let us know.Tell us approximately when we can expect to have a review of your experience using the mount. If you can, submit your review with a video clip of your dive using the mount, that would be most appreciated. Thanks for your interest in Z Gear products.

I just ordered a sp-gadgets pov pole.
Does this fit on that?

P

I just ordered a sp-gadgets pov pole.
Does this fit on that?

P

It should be just fine on the shaft area, diameter 11/16 inches or 17.46mm, this is the max closure of clamp. Opening max is 1 3/4 inches or 44mm for holding your light.

It should be just fine on the shaft area, diameter 11/16 inches or 17.46mm, this is the max closure of clamp. Opening max is 1 3/4 inches or 44mm for holding your light.
I canceled the POV purchase due to the many not so great reviews and thinking of this one instead www.ukpro.com/product/pole-38hd

The gopole and POV both have many issues reported with lost cameras that scare me.

The UK pole does not have telescoping tubes and I see that as a plus as the problem with the bottom cap/lanyard fixture falling off can be avoided.

One question though is that at 36" extension the throw of a wide beam video light will not extend much beyond the gopro. Possibly if I attach it at 12" from handle tip, I can gain one foot of beam throw. But the added 200g weight of the torch would make it slightly more difficult to steady unless I use the light fixture as a handle.

P

Last edited:
I think this mount would work great and am interested in giving it a try. Having jury-rigged a few attempts at something like this with little success, I'm hoping this fits the bill!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom