For those who like to use their camera pole this is for you!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Z Gear,
I agree with you about preferring not to use the GoPro inverted especially with the LCD bacpac. As for battery life, I allways have two extra batteries charged and ready to go anyway. I'm also interested in the mount and your promotion about it. Tell me more!

That"s great! We will be glad to send one out to you right away. Thanks for participating in this product review for the light mount by Z Gear.

---------- Post added November 4th, 2014 at 09:19 AM ----------

I think it's a good idea. The important thing is giving the ability to reposition your torch or change it. Some have a very narrow light range or have a warmer light color. At the end, video and photography are all about lighting. Some like to follow standard rules and others like to play with it to get different results. Some like the continuous light of torches, others prefer strobes.
I'll give it a try on my next dive!

I was wondering when you were planing to dive soon perhaps I can send you a free mount if you are able to gives us your review and a video of your experience on this forum. Hope to here from you soon.

---------- Post added November 4th, 2014 at 09:22 AM ----------

I've been searching for a good way to attach a light to my gopro pole- I'm definitely going to try this one out! Thanks!
Let us know if you will be diving soon. We can send you a free mount if you can give us an honest review and post a video on this forum.

Hello Z Gear, I am very interested in the dive light mount. I just bought a Gopro 3+ a SeaLife Monopod and an I Torch Pro 6 Video light. I am totally new to video and would like buy it and do a review for from a newbie perspective. My husband and I are heading for our first trip to Roatan Dec. 1st. We are in Ontario and would you be able to get it to us in time for our trip?

Hello Z Gear, I am very interested in the dive light mount. I just bought a Gopro 3+ a SeaLife Monopod and an I Torch Pro 6 Video light. I am totally new to video and would like buy it and do a review for from a newbie perspective. My husband and I are heading for our first trip to Roatan Dec. 1st. We are in Ontario and would you be able to get it to us in time for our trip?

Great, we will be glad to send one off to you just PM me your name and mailing address. Thanks for your interest and participation in this review.

Ok, got to say right off the bat that this mount did a terrific job the other day when I took my GoPro 3+Hero on a SeaLife Aquapod extended pole into the water. I found that it attached easily (and securely) to the pole. Now, I only have a Princeton Tech League 100 dive light and was concerned that the mount not be able to securely hold the thicker light handle, but it did wonderful even when I inadvertently banged it into some rocks underwater. Everything held great. The mount was easily moveable for me to position the light beam where I wanted it. I tried different camera positions (hanging below inverted, on top, etc). Found that the best (and most comfortable) position was with the pole extended once. Extended twice worked okay, but full extension of three made the set up difficult to handle and unwieldy, also made the video image shake more. All in all, the mount worked great. It is well-built and solid and does what it is supposed to do. Underwater video shooters should consider adding this to their equipment set-up. Now, I've got to get a better light for it!
GOPR0156.jpgGOPR0157.jpg
The photos show initial set-up before the camera went into the housing.

It looks like a monstrosity from closer up... Will that thing pass security in a carry on bag or will it be mistaken for a weapon of mass destruction?

P

I'd move that little lite closer to the front(camera)----no???.....

Not sure if thats the best configuration - With nothing to counterbalance the additional weight of the torch and fixture at the other end it must be imposing more of a strain on the wrist and affecting stability.

P

Sent from Tablet, please excuse brevity and typos...

Not sure if thats the best configuration - With nothing to counterbalance the additional weight of the torch and fixture at the other end it must be imposing more of a strain on the wrist and affecting stability.

P

Sent from Tablet, please excuse brevity and typos...

You can always shorten the pole and also use the other hand on the mount for extra support. Using both hands is always good for stabilizing your shot when filming with the camera pole, the light mount can serve as a stabilizing handle for the other hand.

if you flip the camera upside down opposite of what you see there you will be allot more stable and less rocky in the water giving you more stable footage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom