Force Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure about the neighborhood or schools, BUT...

You might want to price the material that they are made of. You will find that it is not just "polyurethane" with a $5 cost per fin. While it is a trade secret & I don't know exactly what it is, I do know that is costs an arm & two legs compared to polyurethane.

James

Its just polyurethane (of various formulations depending upon the tangent delta snap needed in the different models).

dolbersen:
My LDS is pushing the Pro Force Fins and Tan Delta. They look kinda funny and I wonder if anybody has experience with them?

My wife has been using them for the last 3 years and loves them. I was thinking of buying a pair to try myself. LP has them new for $92. I'll let you know after I try them:)

I stubbed my toe on a boat about 8 years ago, and I couldn't get my sore foot in the pocket of my Jet Fins, so I borrowed a friend's pair of Force Fins. I bought a pair immediately after that and I've been using them ever since. They're not for everybody, not great free-diving fins because they can be a bit clumsy on the surface, but they've got a great power to size ratio and I find them extremely comfortable and maneuverable. Most of my diving is staying still or maneuvering in tight spaces, and the the Force Fins are great for that. Very easy to back up with them. Regarding the way they look, always remember this: Nobody's watching and nobody cares. -Clay

louisianadiver:
I stubbed my toe on a boat about 8 years ago, and I couldn't get my sore foot in the pocket of my Jet Fins, so I borrowed a friend's pair of Force Fins. I bought a pair immediately after that and I've been using them ever since. They're not for everybody, not great free-diving fins because they can be a bit clumsy on the surface, but they've got a great power to size ratio and I find them extremely comfortable and maneuverable. Most of my diving is staying still or maneuvering in tight spaces, and the the Force Fins are great for that. Very easy to back up with them. Regarding the way they look, always remember this: Nobody's watching and nobody cares. -Clay

Great book. I reread it about once a month. I wondered how you fared in the Katina/Rita mess.

Stan

louisianadiver:
Regarding the way they look, always remember this: Nobody's watching and nobody cares. -Clay

funny, i always thought that part of the appeal was that they looked good:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom