Fourth Weekend diving plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No one getting wet this weekend?

'Fraid of the holiday boaters?

I figure the mansfield dive park will stay mostly boat free, lots of official presence and well marked, which is why I usually prefer it for holiday weekend diving here in Travis.

Anyone wanting to catch a dive at Mansfield let me know. Was going to go look to see where murk layer breaks (if it does :wink: ) last couple of dives stayed shallower to play with camera and check out dive park items, feel like going down and seeing if clearing any deeper, then come up and play around in dive park a bit.

Im fairly new to Austin, but my son and I were thinking about diving at Windy Point on Saturday around 3-4pm. Advice (is it too dangerous with the 4th of July boaters)? We like to stay flexible, but would be glad to keep you posted if we go.

I am planning to get to WPP early on Friday and set up camp. We have an OW class that I am working with on Sat and Sun there, but have no plans for Friday.

Mike

Im fairly new to Austin, but my son and I were thinking about diving at Windy Point on Saturday around 3-4pm. Advice (is it too dangerous with the 4th of July boaters)? We like to stay flexible, but would be glad to keep you posted if we go.

Windy point scuba park will probably be fine, it is pretty well marked, although on a holiday weekend I would be following the bottom up to shoreline and not surfacing out near bouys because of the extra drinking idiot boater factor.

I am planning to get to WPP early on Friday and set up camp. We have an OW class that I am working with on Sat and Sun there, but have no plans for Friday.

Mike

I will look for you if I get out to barstows, I'll be in my DIMWIT t-shirt.

I will also have by DIMWIT shirt on Friday - Sat I will be wearing the shop colors (C&J Divers). :wink:

Could also probably meet you at Mansfield on Friday some time.

Hey mike, how 'bout a friday afternoon dive at mansfield? give you time to set up and stuff, grab a bite and then go diving. earlier would also work for me, I am 8 miles from mansfield so can be flexible. Got to run to work now, but will pm you my cell # before I head out. will also be back on sb at lunch and this evening.

matt

Hey mike, how 'bout a friday afternoon dive at mansfield? give you time to set up and stuff, grab a bite and then go diving. earlier would also work for me, I am 8 miles from mansfield so can be flexible. Got to run to work now, but will pm you my cell # before I head out. will also be back on sb at lunch and this evening.

matt

Sounds like a plan - I have wanted to see Mansfield again. As I mentioned in my response to your PM, Jarod may also be in the area and will drag him along. Will contact you once I am set at WPP.

Back
Top Bottom