Freedom Plate and the Hollis Elite 2 Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ended up sewing together my own design. Stitching is a mess but it'll hold.

I’ve used both hogarthian and comfort (non-quick release) harnesses on my Freedom and Contour plates. I convinced myself I needed a comfort harness for a multitude of reasons. All unsubstantiated and disputable. However, after hundreds of dives I discovered the basic hogarthian harness definitely works best (for me). Have you tried rigging your plate with a standard hogarthian harness? If so, what were the issues? Are the quick releases essential? There is something to be said for the KISS principal.
I too have settled on a basic Hog style harness as the most trouble free system. I think a lot of people still do not know the easiest way to get out of a one piece harness. Most people put both arms back and try slide it off like getting out of a coat.
That’s not how I do it. I slide my left hand and arm under the left strap whilst pulling it away by the D-ring with the right hand and you push your left hand and arm out from under the strap and let the strap slide off your left outer elbow. It takes about two seconds to get out. The only thing you need to remember to do is turn your wrist compass or anything else you have lined up on the your left wrist inward so it doesn’t get hung up on the strap as it’s sliding off your outer arm.

Back
Top Bottom