G250? Worth servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a bunch of older gear myself but still dive my apeks regs. my pair of mk10/156 look nice but i see no reason to dive them over my tx50/dst.

I bought a bunch of older gear myself but still dive my apeks regs. my pair of mk10/156 look nice but i see no reason to dive them over my tx50/dst.

My 'modern' regs dive just great, but I got into the MK5/109-156 market because they just looked COOL! (but I'd never gotten into 'vintage' without the support/service/ 'new' reproduction parts offered by VDH, Couv, and other kind folks on this board. My goal was to acquire very good-to-mint condition 1st's and 2nd's, and have them all fully upgraded to all-silicone soft parts/ VITON O-rings/full servicing to bring them all up to as-new condition. I have also acquired some 'beater' units as parts donors and assorted spare parts for any eventuality.)

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me what SP 1st stage this is. cheers.and is it worth keeping and a good pairing with some 109s. Thank you.

IMG_3047.PNG

Last edited:
Late model MK-5 SPEC (heavy yoke & 5th port turret). Yes for the 109/156 and yes for a G250. Larger piston than the MK-10. As said before, many feel the MK-5 was a better regulator than the MK-10.

The only "issue" is to eventually replace the turret bolt if it is the original brass one with a stainless steel one (again VDH is the source). If abused by overtightening, it can fail. There are many, including some of mine, with the original bolt, and performing fine. Don't sweat it if the change hasn't been made. It really was from service where folks didn't do it right... Don't base your decision on that issue.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob, it has a 109 attached to it, looks to be in reasonable condition. It's local to me and is around $120. Might get it. As much as I like DS4s my OCD is struggling with the brand mismatch and age discrepancy. I have an hour to decide.

Darn stuff is expensive there..... Did you follow up with Couv as to what he might have?

Darn stuff is expensive there..... Did you follow up with Couv as to what he might have?

Yes I did, it's in the post to me as we type. I've asked him if he has time again one day and feels so inclined if he would do another 109. I'm pretty excited about getting it.

I'll likely keep it stored safely and wait for either Couv to have the time to do another or I can find another in equal condition.

LOL - I've stashed away nearly a dozen of them, all in excellent condition.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom