Gauge redundancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although I have the usual analog backups for my computer, I am going to purchase a decent backup computer after my battery died while on a deco dive. I was able to judge my deco obligation (and add a substantial amount for added safety) based on experience since I didn't have a bottom timer on that dive.

One of the problems I had with doing deco using my Tusa IQ-7000 as a timer device is that when I reached the 10 foot stop (the computer's ceiling), the runtime was replaced with the computer's ceiling time. I find I need a bottom timer in addition to the computer.

TheRedHead:
One of the problems I had with doing deco using my Tusa IQ-7000 as a timer device is that when I reached the 10 foot stop (the computer's ceiling), the runtime was replaced with the computer's ceiling time. I find I need a bottom timer in addition to the computer.
Bummer. On other Tusa computers (like IQ-700) when in the deco mode, pushing a button will call up a display with temp and elapsed dive time.

Charlie99:
Bummer. On other Tusa computers (like IQ-700) when in the deco mode, pushing a button will call up a display with temp and elapsed dive time.

I'll reread the manual. Pushing the button causes a gas switch. You might be right that there is some way to do this without having to buy a bottom timer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom