GBR water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pamdiv

Contributor
Reaction score
Central California, until I retire then it's somew
# of dives
500 - 999
We are headed for Cairns mid-June and including a liveaboard trip along with our diving plans. What is the water temp at that time of year? With Christmas coming, I might need to put an exposure suit on my Santa list. Thanks!
Pam

Pamdiv:
We are headed for Cairns mid-June and including a liveaboard trip along with our diving plans. What is the water temp at that time of year? With Christmas coming, I might need to put an exposure suit on my Santa list. Thanks!
Pam

We were in Cairns in the end of June two years ago. We took a liveaboard out of Port Douglas to Osprey, Cod Hole and the Ribbons. The water temp was in the low 80's at Osprey and at the most southernly point on the Ribbons (Steve's Bommie) the water temp was mid 70's range. A 3mm full wet suit was enough at the southern areas, if you get cold maybe a hood would be enough. We did four dives a day, at the southern sites we were a bit cold on the night dives, I added a 1mm and was toasty. A 3mm was plenty for the northern sites.

Thanks for the info, Caymaniac. Looks like a 3mm is going on my Santa list.
Pam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom