Getting in shape a few weeks before a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hot Yoga is what I use to help keep the sac rate low. Less air usage means more bottom time.

Hot Yoga is what I use to help keep the sac rate low. Less air usage means more bottom time.

I agree a good core yoga routine helps with core strength and felixability. Things that can have significant impacts on the quality of your dives (few cramps, IMO better SAC because you are more relaxed, etc)

We are headed to Cozumel in a few weeks....anyone recommend a physical fitness routine to prepare for a dive. I've been certified for three years and only dive 2-3 times a year. I thought about running a few miles a day to get the heart rate up....any recommendations?

I do take a LA Boxing class two times a week but it's more strength training than anything.
I think the principal benefit of working out on, say, Tuesdays and Thursdays is that you now know you'll probably die on a Tuesday or Thursday. I think you can make a noticeable improvement in aerobic conditioning if you do cardio 5 days a week for the three weeks before your trip. I use the elliptical trainer and stationary bike in my gym and do high-intensity intervals and a total of about 40 minutes.

Have a good trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom