getting insurance as a diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to work as a financial planner and helped some clients with life insurance. Your best bet is to find an agent that is not tied to just one company. Agents like that can shop around for the best policy for you. In particular, there is a company called Bisys that compiles quotes from numerous different companies and lets you look at policies from various companies side-by-side. I have used their comparison product and can say that it is accurate and unbiased (i.e. it makes no recommendations, but just presents the facts).

Believe it or not, there is a significant difference in underwriting standards from company to company. Some look at diving as a being a high risk recreational sport, while others take a less harsh view. As I said, your best bet is to find an agent that can offer you a choice from a variety of companies. If you go to an agent that is "tied" to just one company, you are going to have a severely limited choice. Remember that insurance is just like any other retail product, so do some research and make an informed decision before buying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom