Getting married in Coz! Need some help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPG

Reaction score
Hey all,

First, to those of you on the island good luck with the storm. This post is way down on the priority list with this hurricane coming.

It's been a while since I've posted here, but i know that this is the place to come for help. Any experiences you can relate will be much appreciated.

So here's the deal:

We're from Boston and getting married Oct 7th of 2006. We love Coz and think that this is the place to tie the knot. We have stayed at the Fiesta (didn't do all inclusive) and Ox Grand (did all inclusive). We were alone at the Fiesta and with both of our families at the Ox Grand. Fiance' thinks this should be an all inclusive trip for the sake of the guests. We will be figuring out 3,5 and 7 night packages for them to choose from. We are thinking somewhere int he neighborhood of 50 guests. I have an 8 year old son that night be the only kid coming so it's important that the hotel is kid friendly.

I need help with Hotels! If you have gone to a wedding or been married in Coz please relate the experience. If you have a hotel that that you think is the only one to stay at let us know. We liked the Fiesta and that it was relatively close to town. The Grand was more of a resort type place which would be good for guests that don't dive, but it was a hike and expensive to get into town. So if you can tell us why the hotel is good/ bad what it's close to etc.

Also if any of you have golfed on the island, how was it? And any ideas for activities for an 8 year old boy, let em rip.

Any of you that live on the island and have time to help, once things get back together, that would be great.

Thanks from both of us,
Joe and Kristin

For non-diving things to do, read Doc V's "Things to do on Cozumel"(when not diving or eating or laying on the beach)

I'm guessing that most of the guests coming to the wedding won't be divers, so a place with more non-diving activities would be a better choice. Also, with 50 guests, you will need a place that can accommodate that many people. I can appreciate your desire to be cost conscience, and while the Grand would be an excellent choice, it is one of the most expensive places in Cozumel. But I think overall value should be of consideration too. I do think AI would be a good choice for a group like yours, especially as you will be traveling with your son.

I've stayed at FA. It was nice, but not "fancy". AI is optional there and it is close to town, but there really wasn't all that much for non-divers, including much nightlife as divers seem to go to bed kind of early.

I think the Grand would be a great choice, but it'll cost.

If you expand your hotel search area, there are some resorts in the North hotel zone to look at.

Playa Azul is nice, but not an AI

Melia Cozumel is AI and is supposed to be pretty nice. It usually is ignored by most divers as it is the farthest north resort.

El Cozumeleno is AI, less expensive, and very family friendly. I think El Coz deserves serious consideration. I have read good things about it on the tripadvisor Cozumel forum. They do have an on-site dive shop for diving/snorkeling.

First of all, congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

Contact Stephanie and/or Janie at Cozumel wedding Planner www.cozumelweddingplanner.com

Stephanie has a stellar reputation among her brides and the hotel community. She can handle your wedding at almost any hotel and she has a beautiful beach garden venue as well...that I hope will still be after the next 24 hours.

Congrats and give her a shout, you won't be sorry. However, keep in mind that it may take awhile to get back to you depending on how bas Wilma gets us.

Thanks for the replies. We have stayed at both the Grand and Fiesta. Although we like both of them (for different reasons) I'm not sure that I think either one is the place for our "event". If the Grand was closer, it would be the one I think.

Christi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply with every thing that is going on. I know I won't be hearing from anyone on the island for a while but, we will be contacting Stephanie and Janie.

Good luck with the storm. As I'm writing this you guys are sitting right smack in the eye.

If anyone has anything to add or advise to give, let it fly. Also if anyone is going to be in Coz the week the 7th we'll be having dinner at La Mission (sp?) on the night of the 6th so come on by!

Christi,
Are you booked yet that week?

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom