Getting ready for DM Written Test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Way to go!

Congrats!

...and wish me luck.... :wink:

nice work. Curious now...feedback please. What did you think was the most difficult question on the exam?

I thought it was a repetitive dive surface interval question that had to be worked back wards.

Also, do you have any constructive criticism for the way the class was taught?

catherine96821:
nice work. Curious now...feedback please. What did you think was the most difficult question on the exam?

I thought it was a repetitive dive surface interval question that had to be worked back wards.

Also, do you have any constructive criticism for the way the class was taught?

Catherine

I had no problem with the tables and wheel but I studied them really hard. I can do about anything with either. I learned to like the wheel and actually got good at using it.

The worst part was probably the DM conducted programs. I studied them very little so when the time came I had to look everything up. It’s good that part is open book or I would have been cooked. At least I did a quick skim through so I knew where to find what.

I used the CD version of the Study guide for the Encyclopedia and all the questions about physics were worded way different than the test so I had to really think about them and go back and recalculate to make sure that I had them right. If I remember right I had a couple to make an item buoyant by X and most in the guide was about making them neutral. It through me off a bit plus they worded them so that fresh water and sea water were at the end.

READ ALL QUESTIONS TWICE ALL THE WAY THROUGH BEFORE ANSWERING THEM!

That should be on the first page!

Also the questions about the role of the DM there were some fill in the blanks that totally caught me off guard. I guess I got them right but they were almost guesses because I could think of several words I could have used. Maybe there are more than one right answer.

It was a hard test but reasonable and I did very well so I am happy. I think the CDROM was money well spent. I guess if it were easy I would have felt really let down but instead I felt like I accomplished something and even more I learned a lot.

Congradulations "DM LavaSurfer":

Thank's for a great thread, I think this will really help many DMC's. I'm sending the Link to the rest of my class.

Congrats!

I start my DM classes next week. :)

May I ask how long it took you to finish, start to finish, and how much time you had available to devote to it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom