Getting ready for DM Written Test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LavaSurfer:
[FONT=&quot]I did the apprenticeship program through my dive school www.scubaedu.com and have been helping on dives and pool for about 9 months. Study time was on and off for the past 5 months with a heavy study (6-8 hours a week) for the past month. I probably over killed on the past month but it was good learning. I do know a heck of a lot more than I ever thought I would.

It took longer than necessary and I was in no hurry. I wanted to learn as much as I could. Unless there is some rush, take your time and enjoy it. I am having a blast working with new divers and experienced ones as well.

I am sure my next step will be the IDC but not until next year.
I may do the AI this august just for kicks but wait until March 2007 to do the IDC in Grand Cayman with Divers Down or Roatan at Anthony’s Key in the spring. AI would give me a little more ability to help out around the school and more time to prepare for IDC. [/FONT]
Good to know. I'm not in a rush either, although it would be great if I could finish before the end of the year. If not, well, not a big deal. I'm in it for the learning. :)

Congrats again!

LavaSurfer:
[FONT=&quot]I did the apprenticeship program through my dive school www.scubaedu.com and have been helping on dives and pool for about 9 months. Study time was on and off for the past 5 months with a heavy study (6-8 hours a week) for the past month. I probably over killed on the past month but it was good learning. I do know a heck of a lot more than I ever thought I would.

It took longer than necessary and I was in no hurry. I wanted to learn as much as I could. Unless there is some rush, take your time and enjoy it. I am having a blast working with new divers and experienced ones as well.

I am sure my next step will be the IDC but not until next year.
I may do the AI this august just for kicks but wait until March 2007 to do the IDC in Grand Cayman with Divers Down or Roatan at Anthony’s Key in the spring. AI would give me a little more ability to help out around the school and more time to prepare for IDC.

[/FONT]

Why won't you do your IDC locally with the shop ou did your DM?

pir8:
Why won't you do your IDC locally with the shop ou did your DM?

We do out IDC in conjunction with Divers Down in Grand Cayman.
I could do it locally with Splash, another dive shop, and that is something I have considered. They have a good program and do a lot of tech stuff as well.

Awsome thread! I haven't posted much, as I too am beginning my DMC. As I started to study the physics portion andeworking on my swimming for the stamina test I'm wondering what the heck I've gotten myself into! This thread helps thanks. Maybe a DMC thread needs to be started... hmmmm....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom