Ginnie Trip: This Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:babycrawl I just wanted to thank everybody who chipped in on monkey duty (aka, Xavier-watching) so that Colin and I could do a little diving together! We really appreciated it, and Xavier had a blast! Well, he had a little bit of tent-phobia when he thought that some strange cloth object just ate his mommy, but I think he adjusted well. He'll be better-prepared next time! I can't tell you how much fun we had! It was wonderful meeting new faces and visiting with the faces we already knew. So, like, when's the next one?? :05:

Love, Kris

First off.. I am not insane, I am off my meds! Second, Gibbon and Sim dancing in the ballroom? SCARY IMAGES IN THE HEAD! GET OUT!!! Next, should we do Ginnie again, there will be a photo op as I may be able to procure an actual plastic disco ball to weigh down and suspend from the ceiling to have lights shone on it!
Next... I am not insane! Did I say that already? We have a split personality and the discussions get freaky! Mediation is helping...
ANYWAY... I WAS able to capture a single picture on my camera during the entire trip. It was a difficult task getting past all the Columbian River Otters as they blasted away at passing tubers from the riverbank. It was like "Nam or something! I told you I'd get proof. When the float by shootings started and everyone else DOVE UNDERWATER, I risked my life to get this picture! Insane indeed!!!

Brings a whole new meaning to guerilla warfare - an all otter offensive to otterly obliterate the drunken college frat boys drifting on tubes - their only defense against the countless beer cans that get thrown into their water - and now they fight back using heavy artillery!

Any, on another note, i didnt get a single mossie bite on friday night at site #40, but at the other sites on saturday night i was eaten alive - i am still finding more bites as they become itchy today!! I will be bathed in sting repellant, man do my ankles and arms itch (i was in shorts and t-shirt all night).

Must be your thinning blood still.. :D First your wearing neoprene and then feeding mosquito's... Dive in a swimmy suit, you'll have no problems with it then; it'll chill you down and they think your dead! No more bites! :wink:

simbrooks:
Brings a whole new meaning to guerilla warfare - an all otter offensive to otterly obliterate the drunken college frat boys drifting on tubes - their only defense against the countless beer cans that get thrown into their water - and now they fight back using heavy artillery!

Any, on another note, i didnt get a single mossie bite on friday night at site #40, but at the other sites on saturday night i was eaten alive - i am still finding more bites as they become itchy today!! I will be bathed in sting repellant, man do my ankles and arms itch (i was in shorts and t-shirt all night).

Hey fellow divers had a great time. sorry some of us missed the night dive and the Group picture we new nothing about it... It was nice to see everyone again. sorry to sea jay and raven for missing the rest of the dives with you. We will get together soon to dive all weekend, i will make it up your way. sorry scubajenny wish we had more time to talk and swap dive stories but thanks for no rain. And to everyone that i met as dive buddies. dsw how was dive after i left

Too many to thank - but I'll try

DSW -- Thanks for organizing the event, and cooking the "chicken" -- it was awesome

RavenC, Virus, DSW -- Thanks for rescuing my boots -- hope the Ginnie Springs Rabid Columbian River Otter Freedoms and Liberation Brigade didn't shoot too many holes in em, don't want my feet to get cold in chilly Monterey.

Madeline, Gibbon, Simbrooks, ScubaJenny, et all -- Thanks for being great dive buddies.

H2Andy -- Thanks for the picture of me in the eye -- too cool

To those with lights in the devil system -- Thanks, that dive alone was worth the trip

To those that tried to convince me to leave later -- you were right, I missed out on much fun.

To everyone -- You're all awesome, if you're ever in NorCal let me know and I'll meet you for a dive in Monterey.

Rob Jensen

8buck:
dsw how was dive after i left
Was AWESOME! I took Maneater into the lobby above the rope tie down to watch cavers down at the grate. She played with the mercury on the ceiling :) and she was amazed at the cavern. Someday we'll get her into a drift dive downstream.
Later, Gibbon and I explored the ballroom and watched some cavers running line drills I guess. Awesome dives!
There was an instructor in the main spring when Maneater and I dove. He was blowing air rings for his class and spraying cheez-whiz to attract the fish. It was AWESOME!!! Next dive, we can swap out regs again... :)
Loaner gear, bc from Virus, regs from 8Buck. Oh and Rjens mutilated by rabid columbian river otter, and left for dead-reef boots. I'm looking at a venice dive next month I hope. I can maybe catch 8Buck down there then. Also a dive off St. Augustine and can catch virus.
As for RJens, you have recieved the ransom demands and if you don't send the information we requested and free our comrades whom you have imprisoned illegally before the time limit, the boots will be executed as prisoners of water.
You have been warned! :crossbone :maniac:

Wouldn't you just know that I'd never ever thinking of taking my dive camnera on a tubing adventure oh nooooooooo...that'd make too much sense....I must hang out with too many colombian otters. LoL.

CBulla:
You mean you missed taking a picture of the rabid Columbian otter that was in hot pursuit of all the neoprene cowboys?!

Ok.... I must be missing something here...whats all this with the rabid otters?

You mean you don't know????

Well it all started with this package of white powder I found floating in the gulf when we all floated out to sea after missing our exit on a drift dive.....

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom