Global Entry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CajunDiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Question...does Roatan recognize Global Entry - Trusted Traveler status? Do pass holders go through the short line on arrival?

No they do not. You may get pulled into a short lane if you're on crutches or if you have a young child with you but it doesn't really matter because you're going to wait along with everyone else for your luggage.

Global Entry is a Dept. of Homeland Security clearance.
As far as I know, internationally, it only works for US customs and Immigration.
There are reciprocal agreements (with The Netherlands for example), but you have to go for an application and interview there in order to use it.

Question...does Roatan recognize Global Entry - Trusted Traveler status? Do pass holders go through the short line on arrival?

Do ANY other countries give any weight to US trusted traveler programs such as CPB Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check? I'm asking--I don't know, and haven't heard of any. I would think that unless there is some sort of reciprocity agreement between two countries, each country couldn't care less about another country's program.

According to US customs website: "U.S. Citizens enrolled in Global Entry may use the Smartgate system when entering Australia without registration. U.S. Citizens may apply for the Dutch FLUX program, the Korean SES program, Panama's Global Pass or the Mexican Viajero Confiable program for expedited entry into those countries. Additional fees and enrollment interviews will apply."
I think Great Britain has a program now as well but you have to sign up and pay for that as well.

According to US customs website: "U.S. Citizens enrolled in Global Entry may use the Smartgate system when entering Australia without registration. U.S. Citizens may apply for the Dutch FLUX program, the Korean SES program, Panama's Global Pass or the Mexican Viajero Confiable program for expedited entry into those countries. Additional fees and enrollment interviews will apply."
I think Great Britain has a program now as well but you have to sign up and pay for that as well.

Thank you. I was not aware of the reciprocity with Australia. I was aware of Mexico's program, but from what I could determine, the fact that one is already enrolled in Global Entry doesn't make any difference; one still has to go through the same application process as anyone else.

Thanks for the clarification. My concern was standing in line with bum knees and a bad back - I wasn't really worried about the luggage. We let Orlando or Luis take care of that for us while we head over to Larry & Luey's to visit with Larry and have a cocktail :giggle: What a great guy and and interesting life stories :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification. My concern was standing in line with bum knees and a bad back - I wasn't really worried about the luggage. We let Orlando or Luis take care of that for us while we head over to Larry & Luey's to visit with Larry and have a cocktail :giggle: What a great guy and an interesting life stories :)
Bring a cane or two then. They will certainly pull you to the short line. Or ask for a wheelchair to be ready for you in Roatan. Milk it

HaHaHa! Thanks for the tip. I'm sure it will come in handy. We old geezers need all the help we can get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom