Going down to Cancun - Staying at Adventura Palace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GatorJoe

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all, new to these forums. my wife and i are coming down for our 10th wedding anniversary in june next year. we are staying at the above posted resort. we've never been to cancun and im just trying to get as much info as i can. nothing worse then spending most of your vacation learning how to get around! we're going to be there a full week and i wanted to get 3-4 dives in. i've looked at aquanuts and they seem to be the best place from what i can see from their site as well as on here. i've sent them a mail. i see some of their staff post here so perhaps they can respond here. here are the questions i have so far. perhaps some else could respond too. Thanks!

1. How are your dive locations decided?
2. How many days are the 4-6 dive packages spread out? How many tanks per dive? Do any of them include Cozumel? Cenotes?
3. Do the package prices include all the equipment? We will need BCD, Tanks, Octo etc
4. WeÃÓe staying at Adventura Palace resort, how close are you to that resort? Do you provide a shuttle service to and from so we donÃÕ have to lug our gear on a bus or something?

I would look at Scuba Cancun and ask for Thomas. There is a Thomas who is the owner and a Thomas who is a Dive Master and Cenote guide. Thomas the Cenote guide is a very hands-on guide who prides himself on safety and enjoyment. Check him out and I am sure you will enjoy going with him very much.

Also if you ever decide to come down to Playa for a couple dives we would love to show you a great time and the great dives that Playa Del Carmen offers. You can take a look at our website at Geofish Dive - Scuba Diving, Snorkeling & PADI Instruction in Playa del Carmen & Cozumel, Mexico. Hope you enjoy yourself in paradise.

I am sure everyone here has recommended good shops, however, do you realize you're staying 90 miles south of Cancun? And 20 miles south of Playa Del Carmen? I haven't been Puerto Adventuras, but, I believe there's only a couple of shops there. Aquanauts might be one. Based on your location, I would stay with one in the area. If you plan on going to Cancun or Playa del Carmen or Cozumel and you want to dive, then set something up there. Try contacting these shops directly to answer your questions.

Most dive packages/trips are two tank dives. Tanks and weights are provided and most shops have everything else in rental, as well. Cozumel and Cenotes are extra or separate pricing.

BTW, there are maps available at Can-Do Travel Guides These maps have loads of information and no I don't have anything to do with them. But, much of the information I gave you came from them.

Check out Dive Aventuras they are located right at the marina in Puerto Aventuras.

Dive Aventuras Mexico scuba diving vacation packages Puerto Aventuras

They do boat dives, shore snorkels and cenote dives.
I've dove with them 3x and each has been great. I took a group of scouts, took the family and had my son do his AOW with them. This past summer I got over there for a couple cenote dives. They picked me up at the Ferry in Playa and shuttled me to/from the dive shop.

best of all they treat you like family

Mike

yep i realized i was a ways from the actual town of cancun. i contacted aquanuts and they've been great help so far. i just gotta figure out what i want to do at this point. so far i'm thinking 2 local reef dives one day (one of those a wreck if possible) and 2 reef dies to Tortugas, then 2 cenote dives and then 2 Cozumel dives. i may cut out the cozumel dives and do something closer but not sure. i don't want to spend the ENTIRE time diving...

Let me just say this about that. Aventura Spa Palace is far and away the nicest all inclusive I have ever stayed at. It is fabulous even if you don't get to dive. I found that for a price the dive shop would pick us up. We dove the Cenotes three days when we stayed at Aventura. We still talk about that trip.

Let me just say this about that. Aventura Spa Palace is far and away the nicest all inclusive I have ever stayed at. It is fabulous even if you don't get to dive. I found that for a price the dive shop would pick us up. We dove the Cenotes three days when we stayed at Aventura. We still talk about that trip.

Ditto on that one!!! We dove with "dive aventuras". I was a little worried about the communication barrier, but we got to dive with a young man named Nick Shuver who was a dive master there. He is originally from Colorado. He knew my wife and I were new to saltwater diving and led us to an amazing experience on the reefs. Free transportation through the Spa Palace. I will do this again. Aventura Spa was amazing. Uno mas cervesa por favor!! haha

Back
Top Bottom