Going from BP-wing to Jacket BCD ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JAcket bcd's are simply:
A) bulkier
B) excessive in material
C) unable to retain a stationary position on the back
D) less comfortable (cumberbund)
E) the list goes on

Jacket bcds certainly do the job but certainly don't work the best (for me). I use bpw in all dives. I did a gulf dive last year and all there was to see was a 1.5 foot ledge. The only way to see IN the ledge was to be vertically upside down. Try that in a jacket and see if your tanks don't pop ya in the head. But then again maybe I've never used a properly fitted jacket.

JAcket bcd's are simply:
A) bulkier
B) excessive in material
C) unable to retain a stationary position on the back
D) less comfortable (cumberbund)
E) the list goes on

Jacket bcds certainly do the job but certainly don't work the best (for me). I use bpw in all dives. I did a gulf dive last year and all there was to see was a 1.5 foot ledge. The only way to see IN the ledge was to be vertically upside down. Try that in a jacket and see if your tanks don't pop ya in the head. But then again maybe I've never used a properly fitted jacket.

You are doing something wrong if you can't maintain an upside down position in a jacket, especially a stabilizing jacket...

You are doing something wrong if you can't maintain an upside down position in a jacket, especially a stabilizing jacket...

I wasn't saying I CAN'T do it with a jacket, I was saying my first stage would bumb me in the head.

I have worn a jacket BCD every time I taught confined water classes. I regularly do head stands hovers for extended periods of time in them. I have never had any problem with that at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom