Good Back Up Light under $50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you upgrade the o-ring first?

Nope the light says it is good to 100 meters. i would expect that the light should function as advertised. When I received it, i was extremely skeptical, the body of the light was very thin. Not similar to decent aluminum dive lights i have used.

It shorted out upon leaking and then on ascent (at night) I was watching it. The light was leaking bubbles OUT of the area around the glass lens. When water gets in, it gets over pressurized on ascent. It was so porous that when I opened it on the boat, there was no pop, all the excess air had been released already.

Nope the light says it is good to 100 meters. i would expect that the light should function as advertised. When I received it, i was extremely skeptical, the body of the light was very thin. Not similar to decent aluminum dive lights i have used.

It shorted out upon leaking and then on ascent (at night) I was watching it. The light was leaking bubbles OUT of the area around the glass lens. When water gets in, it gets over pressurized on ascent. It was so porous that when I opened it on the boat, there was no pop, all the excess air had been released already.

Maybe you need to read the board more. The idea of Chinese o-rings being crap is fairy well posted. Could they actually be engineered so well as to avoid internal overpressure!!! Just lucky is my guess.

I've had mine down to 100ft multiple times. I promise you the "thin aluminum" has no issue handling that depth, but the o-rings can often use an upgrade.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom