Good dive operators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh we discussed the idea of "who's best" threads here recently. They usually turn into cheer squad threads with each posting their fav Ops, usually with no particular reasons. That some of us find these funny may have discouraged the pom poms. :cheerleader:

Just book with Blue Angel - can't go wrong. Fast boats that pass the others, best sites, munchies, great DMs, cheap prices, pickup at your pier, everything but a spit & mask bucket. That help...?

I have posted on SB asking for information about various things in the past and have gotten some good advise. This Cozumel part of the board has some of the most self centered, self absorbed, rude, opinionated and counter productive people I have ever encountered. You know who you are, you are too full of yourself to try to be helpful and provide current information. Searching the past is just that....the past. If I wanted information from somewhere in the past I would have found it. I was looking for current info that you are "too good" to provide.

Well, you asked for free advice and you got it. Had you been a little more specific on what you were looking for you might have gotten better suggestions but since you chose to flame the people who tried to help you I doubt you'll get any more help here. Personally I think you should try somewhere other than Cozumel for your next trip. Like Greenland. That ought to help you "chill" a bit.

Dear Original Poster...

To answer your question, I can only offer to you my experiences with diving in Cozumel. We stayed at the Palace Resort there and dove with Aqua Safari. On the up side, they have a boat that leaves from the pier at the resort and have lockers at their shop located between the hotel and pier (sort of attached to the hotel).

The service was nice, but not luxurious. The boat was decent sized, but they keep the number of divers to a minimum. The crew and tour-guide DM were wonderful people and helpful on the boat. Off the boat, you were left to take care of your gear.

They have a regular boat and a fast boat. The morning dive is two tanks and the afternoon dive is a one tank.

I have posted on SB asking for information about various things in the past and have gotten some good advise. This Cozumel part of the board has some of the most self centered, self absorbed, rude, opinionated and counter productive people I have ever encountered. You know who you are, you are too full of yourself to try to be helpful and provide current information. Searching the past is just that....the past. If I wanted information from somewhere in the past I would have found it. I was looking for current info that you are "too good" to provide.

Wow, that's nice. :confused: There's no shortage of current info here. A quick check showed 13 threads in the last 2 months that answer your question. But, I guess some people can't function without being spoon-fed everything.:shakehead:

The poster asked a simple question, perhaps not in as much detail as some of you wish. The question has been asked many times but if you do not want to participate in that specific discussion or even read the thread don't. Disparaging the poster and the question is not productive, makes you look like a bit pompous. Not responding would have much better solution than the hostile posts some of you made. Can't blame the OP for getting a little snarky (I think thats the word of the day) some of you deserved it.
Be nice, its so much easier!!!

I still can't find the "hostile" posts that are supposed to be somewhere in here. A lot of suggestions to do a search and read existing info have been made, but that's not a slam or being disparaging toward the poster himself, just saying that what he's asking for is already here. Now that he's blasted all of us, I'm sure you'll start seeing some more hostile replies, but before that it seemed quite civil.

It's pretty much standing rules on any message board to do your own research first. To just show up and ask questions that are already answered a multitude of times is in effect saying you're too lazy to look for yourself and want everyone else to feed you info. And I don't buy the excuse of not knowing how to search, especially on this topic. If you're capable of starting a thread, you're capable of scanning thread titles and clicking "next page" if the search box is too complex.

I still can't find the "hostile" posts that are supposed to be somewhere in here.
Oh maybe I was a little rude early on. :blush:
A lot of suggestions to do a search and read existing info have been made, but that's not a slam or being disparaging toward the poster himself, just saying that what he's asking for is already here.
I was happy to show one poster how to :search: Coz forum only as it seems he didn't know that one.
Now that he's blasted all of us, I'm sure you'll start seeing some more hostile replies, but before that it seemed quite civil.
Yeah, he did say he was not going to :search: or read existing reports. :depressed:
It's pretty much standing rules on any message board to do your own research first. To just show up and ask questions that are already answered a multitude of times is in effect saying you're too lazy to look for yourself and want everyone else to feed you info.
I have to go to other forums to seek help at times, on Lavasoft Ad-Aware when it killed my computer, on a Knife forum looking for parts for an antigue - and it's tempting to just ask, but I search first. :eyebrow:
And I don't buy the excuse of not knowing how to search, especially on this topic. If you're capable of starting a thread, you're capable of scanning thread titles and clicking "next page" if the search box is too complex.
Just book with Blue Angel. It'll be great. I could link my reports, but - I guess not.

The poster asked a simple question, perhaps not in as much detail as some of you wish. The question has been asked many times but if you do not want to participate in that specific discussion or even read the thread don't. Disparaging the poster and the question is not productive, makes you look like a bit pompous. Not responding would have much better solution than the hostile posts some of you made. Can't blame the OP for getting a little snarky (I think thats the word of the day) some of you deserved it.
Be nice, its so much easier!!!

ggunn was right...."Incoming!". I read every one of these posts and, while I agree with you 100% that we should be cordial and use good etiquette, I didn't see that there was so much hostility towards the OP to deserve the last response he sent. In fact many, including Bill, went to great lengths to provide answers that were quite informative and civily provided. Among the responses were to use the search function and that is a very good suggestion and can yield a wealth of information of the exact type he was looking for. Somehow this thread got off track with that. He didn't need to get so pointedly rude to all over the perceived "slights" of a few, true or not. After that, he gets what he deserves. I will end with a string of smiley faces so as not to come across as trying to be nasty here....enjoy....:):):):):):):)

:d - :d - :d - :d - :d - :d -

Come on folks. So the guy asked a question you have already answered in the past....so what? The title made it pretty clear what he was asking...just don't read the damn thread if it offends your delicate, sensitive psyche's so much.

Don, when it comes to you and your DAN IS THE GREATEST THING EVER speeches....nobody gives you a hard time, though we read it once a week it seems. Why waste so much of your time in this thread telling others they are wasting your time with this thread? Seriously. If you don't like the dive op threads, then ignore them...surely you know how to use that feature of the board don't you? Its even easier than the search feature. And those talking about common forum etiquette etc...seriously, get out more. It's a forum about cozumel on a website named scuba board...what could be more relevant than dive ops on the island?

Tek, Let me put it this way, the next new guy that wanders in here will not use the search feature, will not have read all your diatribes about etiquette and will ask about dive ops...do you really intend to rant like this every time someone asks? Ok, lets say the next guy does use the search feature and finds this thread....haven't you and a few others just sunk your own argument by polluting this thread with all the whining about how it should not exist?

Between the two of you, you have 13 posts in this thread, all of them basically saying that someone is wasting your time by creating this thread. You are ONE THIRD of the content of this thread...apparently it wasn't wasting your time....YOU ARE. I'm not trying to fight with you here...but seriously, you have to see the folly in this one. You can not change human nature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom