Good dive operators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...your DAN IS THE GREATEST THING EVER speeches....nobody gives you a hard time, though we read it once a week it seems.
:confused: Eh...

BK, hope we can be more helpful with more specific needs. Have a great trip. :pilot:

I have dove with 3 different dive ops in Cozumel.

I received my certification through Dive Paradise. I've never done a boat dive with them so I'm not sure how they run their boats, but I have rented tanks and gear for a shore dive. Their staff is knowledgeable and friendly.

I dove with Studio Blue for one of the boat dives I have done. A group of 6 of us did this dive (all coworkers). They are a shop that caters to beginners, which I am so it works out fine. They won't take people out to Barracuda reef or some (not all) of the other more advanced dive sites. We had a group of 6 divers and one DM. My girlfriend and I were on a first ever boat dive, so the DM had us directly behind him, then the next buddy pair was behind us, and finally, the two people who had dove with the shop before were at the end. He pointed out some interesting marine life. Even though this particular shop caters to beginner divers (and we were all beginners with anywhere for 6-18 dives), the DM acted merely as a guide. There was no babysitting, and everyone was responsible for themselves, checking their air, etc. Once one person hit 700 psi, the entire group surfaced together. Their rental gear is in great shape.

My next boat dive was with Sand Dollar Sports. There were 10 of us (again all coworkers. we booked the dive together). We were in 2 groups of 5. The DMs were great, pointed out marine life, etc. It was a little less structured than Studio Blue. At the start of the dive with Studio Blue, the DM checked with everyone as to who their buddy would be. This dive, we all kind of went down in a clump together. Maybe they assumed that since we all worked together, we all knew who our buddy pairs would be... Not really sure. If one person hit 700 psi left, they would head up and do the safety stop on their own and then re-board the boat. They did not really emphasize the buddy system too much. They could also do with upgrading some of their rental gear, but a pretty good op.

I would dive with both ops again, but for different reasons. I really enjoyed Studio Blue, even though everyone surfaced at the same time. Sand Dollar Sports is the dive op Carnival uses, and since I work for them, it's a matter of convenience.

Can somebody here recommend a good dive op? I wanna just know. You know what I wanna know so just give it to me and I don't care about searching or having a discourse of any kind with any of you. Just tell me what I want to know. You know what I'm thinking. And I want current info. In fact I want today's dive op rating - who was the best today. I wanna know what I wanna know and you all should just give it to me without me raising a finger - except my middle one to all of you who don't give me what I wanna know. Right now.

Can somebody here recommend a good dive op? I wanna just know. You know what I wanna know so just give it to me and I don't care about searching or having a discourse of any kind with any of you. Just tell me what I want to know. You know what I'm thinking. And I want current info. In fact I want today's dive op rating - who was the best today. I wanna know what I wanna know and you all should just give it to me without me raising a finger - except my middle one to all of you who don't give me what I wanna know. Right now.

Did you take lessons to act this way or does it come naturally?

How about the magic words "please" ora even better "could you please"?

Please take it as a friendly MOD's advice.
Mania

I read the whole thread. Still I think that goekr went too far. But in this post:

I have posted on SB asking for information about various things in the past and have gotten some good advise. This Cozumel part of the board has some of the most self centered, self absorbed, rude, opinionated and counter productive people I have ever encountered. You know who you are, you are too full of yourself to try to be helpful and provide current information. Searching the past is just that....the past. If I wanted information from somewhere in the past I would have found it. I was looking for current info that you are "too good" to provide.

bkpix also went way too far.

And as I agree that "search" function is crucial - even when we ares starting a new thread there is a button "was this question asked before" - and we all should use it. As many of the questions are being asked so many times that it's almost boring to give the same answers all the time.
But on the other hand this is what we have Scubaboard for. To find help, to ask questions, to discuss diving, and what's the most important to have fun.
With an attitude as the one presented in this thread by majority of the posters i don't thinks it's a lot of fun.

So my request to all new posters - use the SEARCH button. And a request to all of you Cozumel funs - if somebody doesn't use search don't shoot immediately.
:D:D:D

Regards
Mania

I read the whole thread. Still I think that goekr went too far. But in this post:
--------------
kpix also went way too far.

And as I agree that "search" function is crucial - even when we ares starting a new thread there is a button "was this question asked before" - and we all should use it. As many of the questions are being asked so many times that it's almost boring to give the same answers all the time.
But on the other hand this is what we have Scubaboard for. To find help, to ask questions, to discuss diving, and what's the most important to have fun.
With an attitude as the one presented in this thread by majority of the posters i don't thinks it's a lot of fun.

So my request to all new posters - use the SEARCH button. And a request to all of you Cozumel funs - if somebody doesn't use search don't shoot immediately.

Regards
Mania
It did get weird here. I'm glad to help when I can and was happy to show how to :search: Coz forum only, but maybe I can be nicer to those whose original posts strike me as silly. :blush: Sorry.
Did you take lessons to act this way or does it come naturally?
You registered here just so your first post could be this?
Yeah that was odd too

bkpix also went way too far.
I disagree,

With an attitude as the one presented in this thread by majority of the posters i don't thinks it's a lot of fun. I agree

So my request to all new posters - use the SEARCH button. And a request to all of you Cozumel funs - if somebody doesn't use search don't shoot immediately.Perfectly sound where was this advice a few threads ago?

Regards
Mania

The original OP sounded his opinion of the help he received from a couple posters. It is accurate. If they dont want to post, dont. Very, very simple. As he stated he wanted fresh remarks and feelings on the dive ops of Coz. This is wrong? How did they know that he did not already do a search and then put the question up? There are hundreds of questions asked that are just reworded. I really dont see alot of original stuff. The arrogance of a few puts a stain on this board. I am amazed at the juvenile responses, accually kids probably wouldnt respond that way if it was their board. They would just help or leave it. The people that act like they are the benefactors of the board and all things Cozumel I sure hope I dont ever have you on my boat. You may try to take the wind out of the sails, or tell the fish they're swimming the wrong way. But then again there is always forgiveness, Lord knows I have a few things to atone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom