Good dive ops in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowboyneal:
There really is no reason to argue about it, and when someone has used all the dive operations on Cozumel in the same, lets say, 60 day period (because things are always changing) then I will be thrilled to see their objective comparison of them all (after they tell me what their qualifications are to make such a comparison).

CN

I hereby volunteer to do this task...just send the expense money...and I'm on my way...:D

MMM:
I'll second your recommendation about Blue Angel (I paid $53 for 2 tank dive plus $10 per tank for nitrox, the latter price being pretty much standard). But you'll be ending your dives after about 1 hour, regardless of your air or computer. That differs from the premium service ops. $70-90 buys you premium service.

Not necessarily. I have had 70 minute BT's with Blue Angel; I have never once been sent up by them when I still had air and NDL room left. I have also been out with them when they had Xtreme divers aboard going to 200 feet with extra tanks, and those guys were down 15-20 minutes longer than the rest of us.

I get your point that the "premium service" ops outfit with bigger tanks, but I come up well into the yellow on virtually every dive on an AL80. They also provide more than just drinking water, and they keep and rinse your gear. They go to a beach club for SIT instead of a rustic pier. Some of them head out really early so as to be the only boat on the reef on the first dive. That's all well and good for those to whom that stuff is important, but it's not worth the extra expense to me, especially when I'm paying for three. YMMV.

I recommend Caribbean Divers.. I have used them many times in the past few years. Great guys, small groups, very safety conscious. Contact Caesar at cdivers@prodigy.net.mx for more info. Tell him Daryl sent you.
Good luck

Hello all...

All dives have been booked...

Leaving in 3 days...

Trip report to be posted the 1st week of May...

Thanks for all you advice!

Alex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom