Good Wreck of NJ for a Newbie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grunzster:
I'm still trying to decide between 100s or 120s. I'll use them as singles at first, but will eventually double them. I'm a little guy, so I think the 120s may be a little big for me to handle as doubles.

On the other hand, if I'm going to keep up with Martin, I may need to go for the 130s!

I have 120's that I was using for singles, When I went to doubles, I was worried about the weight, so I purchased 100's. Now after a little over a year dive the 100's I am doubling my 120's. One, there isn't enough gas for the deeper dives which allow me to keep a proper reserve. Two, When sitting down getting geared up, they are a little short and I find myself having to lean back while getting ready. This is a little tough when I am ready to get up, I always need up. Now I am not that tall, 5'9".

Take your BC in the shop and put both tanks in, see what you think.

Good Luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom