GoPro HD underwater blur fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How much and how does it record in 720 mode? Can you see any edges while filming in 720? Where can we purchase these?
Thanks!

i am not selling for them... but i saw a comment in one of the video that they have set up a ebay account... they seem to be base of thailand...

if u do get one.. let me knoe how it goes... i tend to not get things from ebay... :D

Hi All,

I would like to introduce the Oculus flat lens
, which is our own unique and patented design, to solve the focus problem of the Gopro standard housing lens. Please have a look at the following youtube videos to find out more.

Many thanks to Scubaboard!

The Oculus Team.

I'm curious as to how this can be. I have friends that had patent applications filed a year and a half ago, that are still pending review.

Also, someone asked if the Mako port vignettes out of the water, too, at 720. The answer is yes.

All the best, James

How much and how does it record in 720 mode? Can you see any edges while filming in 720? Where can we purchase these?
Thanks!
Unfortunately at 170 degrees FOV the Gopro will catch the corners of the lens. Unless you're willing to do some video/picture cropping afterwards the Oculus lens, much like Mako, will work best at R5.

I ordered the Oculus R5 underwater flat lens. Im waiting for it to arrive. I will post after my test. I am worried about messing up my original housing, so I ordered a new housing too.

Here's a question,

Has anyone used the GP 3D housing yet for a scuba dive or know if they make that housing waterproof? A dropzone near me recently said they ordered some of the 3D housings(which is just 2 HD GP's side by side with a cable syncing them) but before that I had never even heard of it. I tried to find the housing listed on gopro.com but they don't list that housing on their products page.

Also, what is the general consensus in the dive community about # of dives in relation to when you can start using a camera like a GP(I have one for skydiving). I know in skydiving it is recommended to have at least 200 skydives before you fly video but was wondering if there was anything like that in scuba? Thanks

-Evo

The question I STILL have is why isn't go pro manufacturing a similar lens to the Mako or others and sending them free of charge to all customers who bought this camera?? I was impressed at the depth rating on the housing and decided to buy one for dual use (motorcross and diving). Probably would not have purchased it if I knew the video under water was going to be so piss poor!!

$260 from the mfr. plus $25 for the flat lens, or buy the whole package from Mako and get the flat lens for free. Before it came out, you would have to pay double or more and have a rig 5 times the size and weight. It's an amazing cam for the price.

I'm very surprised people are complaining.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom