Great white shark attack south africa footage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poseidon8118:
Sounds like the waters out there are over fished. The shark had to come in to feed. I'm sure the lady was consumed if the Great White was starving. Chalk another one up for the commercial fishing industry!

There is an abundance of GW's around cape town because of the colonies of cape fur seals that inhabit a few rocky outcrops in false bay and gansbay.In false bay there is seal island and in gansbay it is dyer island.
Seal island is fairly close to the beaches in false bay and this is where this attack and a few others have happened this year.
Most of the bigger fish is fairly seasonal so the GW's do not rely on fish in the cape area.

drbill:
I'm heading to Guadalupe Island (Mexico) day after tomorrow to help with a research expedition studying and filming the resident great whites there. I have not worked with this group before so it will be interesting to view and document their methods as well the sharks.

Dr. Bill

awesome. i recently saw an episode on discovery channel wherein some guy swam outside the cage with the whites in guadalupe. they also featured the differences in hunting patterns between the south african whites and the guadalupe ones. hope i get to go on one of these trips in the future. good luck doc!

ShoalDiverSA:
Now it's a "Rogue Shark"

[sarcasm]Let's kill all the sharks. Once that is done, I vote for mosquitoes next.[/sarcasm]

I say we go after the mosquitos first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom