Had a close call because of your gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas, did you hang a spare sandal at 20ft below the boat. I hear that's a good thing to do.

(Don't yell at me - I'm very sensitive. :wink:)

HappyFunBoater:
Tamas, did you hang a spare sandal at 20ft below the boat. I hear that's a good thing to do.

(Don't yell at me - I'm very sensitive. :wink:)

No, I slung one instead for the remainder of the dive with a hot mix in it.

I bet that was funny as hell. I just wish I knew what it meant. :)

It's just not as funny if you have to explain it. :wink: Sorry, lot's of wine for dinner. Time to stop posting and go to bed.

I choked on a SCUDA once. Those things are ridiculous.

Tamas:
I ripped my sandals walking to the boat once and was forced to step on a pebble......does that count? :D

are you SURE it wasn't a FLIP FLOP?

I blew out my flip flop,
Stepped on a pop top,
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home.

Way back when, US Divers made hp seats made of phenolic. These were part of the J valve reserve mechanism. One of these phenolic seats popped out of its brass holder and dammed the airflow in a twin tank manifold. Emergency ascent from 80 feet. She got a scare but not much else.

Last year, I jumped in with an empty tank and came back out just as fast. The delrin seat in an OMS valve had popped and was sideways in the poppet. As a result, the tank had slowly bled down.

Back
Top Bottom