Halcyon BP/wing: I love it!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh tell me that...

Body Fat? I'm definitely under the 'obese' category (certified by doctor) :D . Body weight, I'm in the 3-digit KG zone... who's heavier?

The wing does help in staying horizontal, but I do not have any problem staying vertical both in the water and on the surface, in fact I got more problem staying vertical on the surface using my old BC :).

Jetfin buoyancy? I reckon at most it'll help you shed 1lbs away from your weight, not more... it is not that negative as most ppl thought. Heavy on land - YES!!!

I started off my OW with 6~7 kg also, only managed to start cutting them away 9 months later. Now I'm only using SS plate, and starting to feel a bit over-weighted already.

Should start experimenting with an ALU plate once I get them :p

yep I'm a newbie alright, I only have 23 logged dives so far, and been diving for 9 months now. I wish I could afford to dive every weekend :(

anyways, I'm very relaxed underwater. I think I just need more practice with controlling my breathing so I can shed more lead.

as for body fat, it's a scientific fact that women has a higher body fat-muscle ratio than men.... so it really does not matter who is heavier, orca. Although I must admit I'm very happy to be able to say that I haven't reached that 3-digit KG zone :D but you're tall, so the weight is spread more evenly :)

neve once bubbled...
yep I'm a newbie alright, I only have 23 logged dives so far, and been diving for 9 months now. I wish I could afford to dive every weekend :(

anyways, I'm very relaxed underwater. I think I just need more practice with controlling my breathing so I can shed more lead.

as for body fat, it's a scientific fact that women has a higher body fat-muscle ratio than men.... so it really does not matter who is heavier, orca. Although I must admit I'm very happy to be able to say that I haven't reached that 3-digit KG zone :D but you're tall, so the weight is spread more evenly :)

dont worry as u dive more, u'll start using less and less weight as ur breathing improves and u dont 'trap' so much air in ur lungs. When i first started diving, i was using 5 weights (approx 10 lbs), now with a full 3mm suit, i need only abt 2 lbs. With rash guard and board shorts, need no weights. Thats why I'm contemplating getting a lighter plate :) heheh my titanium alloy plate is on the way

Jetfins will probably take off 1 piece of weight. Other than that maybe u could carry 2 backup torches on on the harness straps, that shold be abt another 1 - 2 lbs.

U'll find that its easier to hover in a horizontal position than vertical, as ur presenting more surface area, so more resistance, can control ascents and descents better also.

Plus its fun to play 'skydiver' and it looks cool in videos / photos too :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom