Halcyon Inflator Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...and when it comes down to it I'll call a spade a spade, DIR or not.

Truthfully, I have had numerous problems with my wing and it is only a month old. 1) Leaking from inflator hose (you were there for that one) - solution = replaced hose. 2) Leaking from nut that attaches nipple to inflator - solution = removed nut and nipple and removed plastic flashing that seemed to be stuck on there from manufacturing that was interfering with o-ring seal. 3) Leaking from inflator valve into corrugated hose - solution = finally broke down and bought new inflator today for $45.

I got a lemon inflator I guess...I really hope that Halcyon isn't letting manufacturing quality slip since demand has gone through the roof for their wings. I know backorder times are extensive and it is hard as heck for shops around here to get the wings from Halcyon. It is easy to let quality slip when faced with having to mass produce something and not having the extra capacity built into one's manufacturing operation (wonder if they need help out there :D - Halcyon if you are reading this I know something about operations management and will work for doubles and a drysuit!).

I guess I will know when I send my original inflator in for repair...

I experienced a similar problem with a Halcyon Eclipse wing I purchased late last year. Air would slowly leak into the wing, filling it over a period of about 5 minutes. This typically occured after pushing the inflator button to add a quick shot of air.

To their credit, my LDS just swapped out the inflator for a new one and solved my problem. They said they would deal with sending the defective one back to Halcyon for repair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom