Halcyon's LP Hoses, opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EE indicated that an order of Halcyon long hoses might take longer if you ordered the 1/2" size, but if you don't have Apeks then I doubt you'd want 1/2" in the first place :)

jeff

bengiddins once bubbled...
Just make sure you're buying "Halcyon" if that's what you really want. I bought a set of hoses that were supposedly Halcyon, from a store that carried Halcyon stuff, and they were just ordinary hoses the same length as the Halcyon ones, with no hose protectors, not what I was expecting.

That being said, they're still hoses the correct length and work fine - I just don't have hose protectors on them :rolleyes:

I don't believe their hoses come with the protectors as standard, although I might be wrong.

Fetch once bubbled...
EE indicated that an order of Halcyon long hoses might take longer if you ordered the 1/2" size, but if you don't have Apeks then I doubt you'd want 1/2" in the first
Double points to you for the good memory. I do have the Zeagle/Apeks TX50 with the 1/2-inch fitting on the first stage....so if I wanted to use that port for supply to my primary 2nd stage, I would have to take your data into the equation.

Thanks!

No hoses come with them, they're always extra, in my experience anyway.

I don't believe Halcyon actually makes the hoses, they just have them made in the correct lengths. I'd be surprized if more than 2 or 3 companies actually make hoses.

Tom

Thanks all for the replies......

Now to catch that run-away piggy bank....

Mine did not come with protectors. I have the 1/2" port also. I got a plug for it, and went with regular hoses, so if I do run into a problem it won't be such a big deal.

Tommy

For that tongue in cheek problem, do you know what type of glue that the WKPP is using these days? I think that is one place where some DIR advocates have differing opinions since some glue does not work as well others in cold water and english caves.
:)

So what's the deal with all the photos of regulators with Halcyon branded hose protectors? I'd just assumed they came with the "Halcyon hose kit".

bengiddins once bubbled...
So what's the deal with all the photos of regulators with Halcyon branded hose protectors? I'd just assumed they came with the "Halcyon hose kit".

You might be better off without the protectors. With them on, you can't see any wear or rusting, or source of bubbles. The only time I use them is when I have to make a very sharp bend in the hose.

TexasMike once bubbled...
Double points to you for the good memory. I do have the Zeagle/Apeks TX50 with the 1/2-inch fitting on the first stage....so if I wanted to use that port for supply to my primary 2nd stage, I would have to take your data into the equation.

Thanks!
Mike, what I did was get all 3/8 inch hoses and bought the little 5 dollar 1/2 inch to 3/8 inch adaptor and hooked my short hose bungeed backup to that port which of course is the first one and then connected the long hose primary on the 3/8 inch port, that way I didn't need the 1/2 inch hose. This made more sense to me too because if you're using a long hose you'd have to cross the long hose over the bungeed backup hose...something I'd forgot to do several times and I found it annoying. If you look at my profile pic you'll see what I mean. That was taken before I switched them around notice how the long hose has to cross over the backup hose.

GP....

I'll take that idea into consideration...

And after looking at your pic....I found it too funny that we have the same reg...same BC...same knife. And if I could make out the poseidon symbol, I woulda say same mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom