Halcyon's LP Hoses, opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver once bubbled...
I don't believe their hoses come with the protectors as standard, although I might be wrong.
The official word is they don't.

However, they usually come in with a few (not enough, however). Go figure.

Roak

Just wanted to add that since there should be no difference in a Halcyon hose and the one you'd get from the LDS (I didn't even realize they were branded until the salesguy at EE told me the 1/2" might take longer since they came from Halcyon), the cost of just getting them from a local shop is probably nearly in line (and they'd most likely be happy to do the installation).

Just a thought, is all :)

jeff

Get the hose set from 5th D and save a few bucks.
Also if you want to use the 1/2 port get an adapter from them and keep the hose standard.

I've been looking at changing my hoses to and I like the set offered by Halcyon.

Question: how hard/easy is the change of regulator hoses? I mean on the second stage of course... I guess that can be easiliy done yourself? (My LDS is going to strangle me soon).

Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm new in the 'hose changing business' :baby:

Ray

Ray,

If you've got a wrench, it's a no brainer. Just don't tighten too hard. Just past hand tight.

Inspect the o-rings before you re-insert the fitting just to make sure you haven't scored/torn one.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
Get the hose set from 5th D and save a few bucks.
Also if you want to use the 1/2 port get an adapter from them and keep the hose standard.

U_P,

I need a couple of these adapters. I looked on their site but could not find them. Can you give me a clue where to look?

Thanks,

Jack

Like most shops that maintain an online presence they don't list every little nickle~n~dime item on their website... good thing too... otherwise we would never be able to wade through all the info...

Anyway... call them... when they have some they have some... and when they don't they don't... cost you $5~7.

You can pick one up when you are out here as I am sure you will want to take the drive over to Kent to the 5thD store and say howdy.

But of course if they don't have the adapters LP does.

tombiowami once bubbled...
One of them was waaaay too long and keeps getting hung up on everything. I could barely find my octo at the end of it, even using the excellent techniques I learned in OW class.

It also was not yellow so it is hard for some to tell that it is my octo. Just put some of those spiral things on and you will be Ok.

the 'way to long one' is actually your PRIMARY that should be wrapped so no need to use the OW sweep method. It actually
is supposed to be well kinda long, 7' as a matter of fact :giggle:

But i am sure you know that right :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom