Has anyone gone wet again after diving dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a steel HP 120 and need about 18# of lead at my current weight of 230#. I would imagine 1/2" Rubatex is probably pretty stiff. Warm but stiff.

dawhale:
I dive a steel HP 120 and need about 18# of lead at my current weight of 230#. I would imagine 1/2" Rubatex is probably pretty stiff. Warm but stiff.
It's also brand new. I need to get deep in it a few times to start crushing it down a bit. It is hard to move in it. I can't really turn my head very well, I need to turn my body to see side to side. That's where I got spoiled wearing a drysuit. The arms are 3/8" and the face seal on the hood is 6.5 mil. My face gets tired from having that thick of neoprene rubber tightened around it. It does wear me out using it but I'm determined to break it in! and it is hella warm.
It's going to be a great california multi day boat diving suit. I can't wait to get back down to Socal and the dive on the Peace again!

For the first time ever I was able to do three dives in a row, in 50 degree water, and still be warm, thanks to my CF200 and DUI 400g undies. Wet is for the tropics. Thanks to ZKY for setting up pretty much all the locals and many others with the custom Freedom plate that he makes. I poured a wedge 4.2 lb weight, using his mold (Still have it, let me know when you want it back). Then I use a X7-100 and 16 lb weight belt. I am totally dialed now.
backplate_weight_138.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom