have a problem hovering while doing deco stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
:33:

counsel: Deny that!!!

H2Andy: I deny that!

------------------------------------

actually, mine is horsehoe shaped too, and it works well by dipping my head
and purging... not wiggling around needed :wink:
:rofl:

Yes but doesn't half the air go into the right side without the dump valve?
And if I'm not wiggling, how am I going to find a dive buddy?
Oh.....my sparkling personality.........:wink:
Cuz it's surely not my diving experience! :)

pennypue:
:rofl:

Yes but doesn't half the air go into the right side without the dump valve?
And if I'm not wiggling, how am I going to find a dive buddy?
Oh.....my sparkling personality.........:wink:
Cuz it's surely not my diving experience! :)

Wow, did this thread go into a totally different genre or what! :D

I actually prefer rolling around over the hiney up maneuver

Vie:
Sorry—I was a little vague in my statement. The original steel tank suggestion was aimed at Spoon. I was/am assuming that Spoon (who started this thread) is a single tank/wetsuit open water diver. IMHO (emphasis!), using a ss bp AND a steel tank could make a diver without redundant buoyancy (i.e. a drysuit) too overweight and unable to ascend with his rig in case of a wing failure, for instance. I certainly did not mean to offend any steel tank divers on SB! I am sure most people CAN swim up from depth with an ss bp AND steel single without the aid of their BC—I just feel that using an AL tank is just one less thing to worry about (again, just my opinion).

Having no ditchable weight(s) at the surface is a concern, but not the main reason behind my opinion.

There's pros & cons to AL & steel. Bottom line, in my opinion, is dive what you are most comfortable with, & make sure your skills are in place for whichever choice you make (I'm not going to do a compare & contrast). A switch from one to the other may mean some time in the pool with an instructor- they really are different in a number of ways.

Backplate wise, an AL backplate on singles & a steel backplate on doubles can help offset the negative buoyancy of single steels- given you need to offset such buoyancy. Again- personal choice & what works best for your build, etc.

Live well, dive well.

peri

drperi1:
Backplate wise, an AL backplate on singles & a steel backplate on doubles can help offset the negative buoyancy of single steels- given you need to offset such buoyancy. Again- personal choice & what works best for your build, etc.

i think you may have thinko'd something there? the doubles are going to make you go more head-down than the singles, so the Al backplate is better for the doubles.

in cold water, i would advise steel backplate + weighted STA for Al single, steel backplate for single steel, and Al backplate for double steels...

lamont:
i think you may have thinko'd something there? the doubles are going to make you go more head-down than the singles, so the Al backplate is better for the doubles.

in cold water, i would advise steel backplate + weighted STA for Al single, steel backplate for single steel, and Al backplate for double steels...

Whoops- hit by a little late-night dyslexia. Steel on the singles, AL on the doubles. Or, if you tend to be negative, AL for both might be the way to go. I don't like the plastic ones at all- hey, my life is on the line here! No cracking allowed! :crafty: :crafty:

H2Andy:
dang it... i already had ordered my Chief of the Weigthless Cult thong
(made out of hollowed-out titanium)

I'd like one of those. Where can they be ordered? Do I need a Specialty Cert in "Weightless Cult diving" to order one?

theskull

H2Andy:
dang it... i already had ordered my Chief of the Weigthless Cult thong
(made out of hollowed-out titanium)

Shouldn't it be made from a single, continuous piece of delrin instead?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom