Have Boat, Need Divers/Alabama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The two band should be fine.. If there aren't any HUGE fish around, I just load one to hurry and shoot the smaller fish to save time reloading. I haven't had a spear bounce off yet with one band loaded.

Dropped you an email last night Devil Dog.

peace.

Jason

My best pal is getting more into spearfishing than rec diving lately - he usually goes with his spearfishing club out of the Port Fourchon area here in LA, but I'll pass along your info. I'm not a spearfisher, but I'd love to go along for a dive now and then when I have the $$'s

Well buddy, you're more than welcome. Every free minute I get, I'd like to spend it shooting fish.. My wife loves to get me out of the house too.. so I would need 5 or 10 guys that like to dive so someone would be available whenever I can go.. And I'm pretty easy to get along with, as long as you don't go messing with my bottom machine we'll be fine.. That's like rubbing my wife's leg.. LOL..

Well buddy, you're more than welcome. Every free minute I get, I'd like to spend it shooting fish.. My wife loves to get me out of the house too.. so I would need 5 or 10 guys that like to dive so someone would be available whenever I can go.. And I'm pretty easy to get along with, as long as you don't go messing with my bottom machine we'll be fine.. That's like rubbing my wife's leg.. LOL..

What is a bottom machine? :D

Btw, since you've been out on the boat now, how much is it costing you per trip? (roughly)

We've been going about 50 miles offshore (one way) then zig zaging to different spots on the way back and it's costing roughly $180 in fuel, not including oil.. About $60 each with 3 divers.. Not bad at all considering we go where we want and spearfish when we get ready or come in shallow with pole spears for flounder... We hit 3 rigs the other night and it was 40 bucks each for 3 of us.. The most expensive was $80 and a guy insisted on chipping in extra because I towed my boat to DI to meet them.. Pretty good guys I've been diving with.

Still haven't seen the pics....... C'mon buddy... People are starting to think I'm full of crap about that shark without pics to prove it... LOL..

Spearing Friday? My boat is near Mobile, but Can trailer it to OB or DI

sorry so late with the reply... Yeah, we went Friday. Shot some 30+ AJ, Black Snapper, Trigger.. Awesome day of diving.. Get up with me next time you want to go.

sorry so late with the reply... Yeah, we went Friday. Shot some 30+ AJ, Black Snapper, Trigger.. Awesome day of diving.. Get up with me next time you want to go.

I know this sucks, but it seems the videos were deleted off my camera. Maybe we can head out there in the next couple of months and get some more video of the same big boy? :D

I thought the limit for amberjack was 1 per person and must be 28"+ to the fork. Am I wrong?

Nice Trigger Jar Head

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom