Have you ever fallen asleep underwater ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The no sleeping thing came up in a discussing in diving medicine. Something to do with the fact that you won't notice the onset of DCS symptoms if you are asleep, and you also don't offgas very well when you are sleeping.

I'm with you though...I've napped between dives and usually within a couple of hours after a night dive I'm usually out.

That's different.

Sort of.

How about the "stay awake to see if you're about to get a PM" rule?

Maybe the "Stay awake to see if you made the Scubaboard calendar" rule?

Or the "Stay awake and see if tomorrow really will come" rule.

Can't miss the "Stay awake and see if yet another person will ask about Spare Air, Atomic v. Apeks, someone moaning after they try to jam their giant size 13 Rockboot into an XL jet fin, Leadweight's attempting debunking of the BP/W, cracking on O-Ring's enormous light, or someone posting yet another worthless poll" rule

I don't lurk in that room, I guess. I think I'll just sleep when I'm tired and dive when I'm not.

K

Take it for what you will...like I said, a nap between dives is something I usually do. Especially after a long day of diving I get kinda burned out so I usually look forward to sleep.

As long as you can get the bungee wrapped around your head, yeah I think it would work :)

I actually have taken a quick nap (~2-3 minutes) while doing a safety stop (a moment of pure zen, doing a stop about 15 feet away from the cluster of divers fighting over hang bar position with my bouancy dialed in just right.) The owner of my LDS, who was on the trip, shook me awake and gave me a couple of OK's to make sure that I was really just napping and not half dead.

Ok two more questions.

1- Has anyone fallen asleep and stayed at a specific deco stop for a longer period of time then required?

2 - What about gas management, anyone fall asleep and run out of gas?

Not yet :) And hopefully never.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom