Have you had this problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys, thanks for you input. I must make a mental note that Zensquirrel is a fiesty one. LOL Yeah I had a BFK straped inside my left calf but I never once thought to use it on his hose. :wacko: Although after the dive it may have stopped the lecture. R

I have just started using a long hose with my recreational gear out of laziness. I don't like changing it out from my doubles set-up and I only own two regs. That is one less hose that I have to move when switching over to single tank set-up.

It has never been mentioned and we all know better than to touch another person's gear underwater without permission (ESPECIALLY AROUND SHIPWRECKS AND DEEP)! If somebody doesn't know, I will refer to BFK idea (I carry a little knife, but I am sure that somebody on the dive boat would have a large one to loan me. :) ) There are different configurations up here. As long as I can share air with somebody in a pinch (along with other safety requirements), I don't care what they are using and they don't care about my chosen set-up if they choose to dive with me.

I would suggest covering it in your pre-dive briefing with your buddy and that should take care of it. If it doesn't, well..... Zen has the start of a great idea.....

RavenC once bubbled...
I must make a mental note that Zensquirrel is a fiesty one.

Only on the Internet. I just had a nice flashback of a James Bond movie (Thunderball?) where Bond was fighting about 30 divers underwater. I think the Bad Guys had spear guns and Bond had a dive knife. Needless to say Bond was better at cutting hoses (important fact, Bad Guys don't dive with octos) then the Bad Guys were at spearing humans. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom