Have You Used These Ring-less Dry Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger:
Got a link to the Viking ring system? I've seen them on other divers drysuits before but didn't know what I was looking at. I did think to myself that they were pretty neat. Although when it comes down to it, my 7mm Hyperstretch work fine for the water I'm diving around here.
I did think about trying out a pair of the Henderson instadry gloves but it may be money thrown away since the hyperstretch is really confortable and is a very good fit.

I don't have the Viking link, but this is where I bought them. ( http://www.shipwreckadventures.com/ ) Greg runs the place and will more then likely answer the phone. He'll take good care of you.

Jim

In my experience the built in insulation makes them nearly impossible to ever be able to reseal a tiny cut or puncture, the outside seals easily, but the inside is almost impossible.

Rick Inman:
Has anybody used this style of dry glove : LINK

What's your experience/opinion/pluses-minuses? How cold have you dived them? Pron to more/less leaks than the ring systems?

Thanks.

I used them for a while, and they work fine, but are a royal pain in the arse to get the 2nd glove on. As well, if my hands are really cold at the end of the dive, getting them off ain't a walk in the park either. I went to the ring system and much prefer it.

Those look pretty snazzy. I currently just use the cuffs with some heavy duty dish gloves over top of a pair of fleece gloves...but these cuffless ones look nice.

I had considered using the gloves mentioned but in the end I decided to stick with my viking rings because it's so much easier to handle, plus I have never once had a leak due to it.

Rick Inman:
Has anybody used this style of dry glove : LINK

What's your experience/opinion/pluses-minuses? How cold have you dived them? Pron to more/less leaks than the ring systems?

Thanks.

I used them twice. I had a buddy that swears by them and uses them often.

If you dont get the two seals perfectly flat against each other (the glove and DS wrist), YOU WILL GET WET! (up to your shoulder at least will be soaked). And I mean *really flat against each other*

putting on the second glove is a pain at first. You really have to muscle it up your wrist, higher than you will need it and then pull it back away toward your hand to flatten it down.

I used them with built-in liner (the only way I think they come) and with thin liners underneath. They felt very unwieldy and bulky.

Clipping off SPG and dumping were pretty tough.

I think it takes 6-10 dives to get used to them.

I am going to try the Si-tech rings.

String:
Ive got them here and near unusable.

Putting the first glove on is easy. Putting the second glove on is nigh on impossible to do yourself. It takes a long time and usually leaks.

Went back to normal wet gloves as a result. 3 finger mitts are my next thing to test.

Edit:- ive got similar but they look almost identical. Mine are Hydrotech make.

If you do it "right" second glove is doable. Just "muscle" it up higher than you need it and pull it down. It's hard at first but my buddy can do it in 15 sec or less.

15 seconds is impressive, I'd like to see him give lessons on that :p

BTW, some kind person sent me a PM offering to send me a pair of these gloves for free. I declined. I think I'll jst stick with my SI Tec rings, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom