Hawaii's Horror--a photo essay of my sleepless night.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yuck! I don't think doors and window screens keep centipedes out. My only experience with them was a couple of times in Hawaii Kai and I did send them onto a better place.

That said, I would close my doors at night for awhile. I'm on the 5th floor and I was thinking I was safe until you said your bedroom was on the 2nd floor. And THEN they climb onto your bed???!!! I would take a good look in my shoes if I were you, too.

Does any other critter eat them?

I think it was speculated that they come in through the air conditioner. the unit is on the ground floor but the blower is upstairs. I just put in all new windows upstairs...I was hoping that might help. The exyer minator will put down crystals but you know it runs off into the ocean...plus all the other animals like the geckos and the birds, etc. I just have not been able to bring myself to do it.

The last time I was on Oahu, it rained a lot but we had cockroaches not centipedes... I HATE centipedes.

well, when JB comes home, my chances of it getting me will go down 50%.

catherine96821:
I think it was speculated that they come in through the air conditioner. the unit is on the ground floor but the blower is upstairs

That is still quite a climb, then jump.

I think they say they follow the tubing up and then fall out the vent part.

Don't the cockroaches pole vault, there?

hey, don't cha know? In Palm Beach they are called "Palmetto Bugs". But these are cockroaches on steroids. I don't have those, thank goodness, unless they just wander in. (No residents!)

Back
Top Bottom