Head-Up Pitch - How to Balance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Next time you are underwater, spend a minute at the bottom making certain you have every ounce of air out of your bc--that none is being trapped after you have dumped..Most divers do not get rid of all their air in the BC, for the purpose of figuring out how much weight they need...They then end up with a lot more weight than needed--because they are carrying weight to compensate for air in the BC which SHOULD NOT BE THERE!. You may find you can go from 16 pounds of lead to 8 pounds...and then suddenly it becomes much easier to balance the weight on your torso, and find the flat horizontal posure result....

If all else fails try a 1# ankle wt on your tank valve. (But remove some weight elsewhere.)

That particular BC has small pockets just behind your shoulders near the tank. Move some weights there and it will even you out. It did wonders for me and got me perfectly horizontal.

I have an old ScubaPro Nighthawk with those same poclets. If I put the same amount of weight in the trim pockets as the waist pockets and use good swimming form, my balance is perfect. No need to do anything else.

Back
Top Bottom