Hello! and question about Key Largo Wreck Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back from bentwood wreck Jan 13 and it either wasnt a good day to go there or it always has a bad current and bad visibility. Also the stern is actually the tallest part of the whole boat now (about 20 ft high). The sides of the boat are there up to about 2 ft off the ocean florr where they just collapsed or got blow to bits by the military artilary. There is much of the wreckthat is really recognizable but i did see something really peculiar, a crankshaft like the one off of a car motor. It was about 10 ft long and it may have been off of a steam engine on the boat. The next dive i went on (a reef dive though) was at french reef which was awsome the water had great visibility and there is a swimthrough cave and a cramped ridge-like cave to go into.

Charlie99:
Uuuh. The Benwood and the City of Washington won't help that very much. IIRC, the Benwood is about 35' max, and City of Washington is less.

The popular deep wrecks are the coast guard cuttter Duane and the Spiegel Grove. Most Key Largo operators run trips to them. Some operators have specific days, others by request. Most require AOW card, or at least some deep dives in your log.

Dude, the bentwood wreck is 365' long i just went on it.

Dude, Charlie was talking about the Benwood (notice that there is no T in the word) being only 35' deep, not commenting on it's length. Charlie's post was in response to someone's question about diving deeper than 28 feet.

By the way, this thread was also from last August, just FYI.

Wristshot

Back
Top Bottom