Hello from Jacksonville, Florida!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jax951

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All - Mark here in Jacksonville, Florida.
I got my Open water cert about 12 years ago in Dubai, U.A.E., then got my Advanced O.W. a couple of years later in Malta (island in the Mediterranean). I never owned my own gear other than the basics - I was in my Late teens at the time, and had no money. Next came college, marriage, a house, motorcycles, cars, a couple other hobbies, and of course credit cards. I met my wife about 8 years ago - her step-father was big into scuba-diving in the FL keys every year, and would always go during lobster hunting season. Almost every year I would say "This year I'm going to buy some equipment so I can go diving", and as the year would pass by, it would get colder again, and I would put it off until the next year. Also my wife had expressed a desire to learn scuba, but she had no friends that wanted to learn with her. Finally a few weeks ago, I made a commitment. We bought some new snorkeling gear, and I signed my wife up for dive classes - I decided to attend the class with her as a "refresher". Since then I've been reading scuba magazines, and researching equipment to buy. I'm really excited at the prospect of getting back into diving again.

I'd also like to meet up with some divers in the Jacksonville area, so if you are out there, email me! mmjanisch@yahoo.com

Thats my intro! - Mark

Welcome to the Board, Mark. And welcome back to the sport.

We have lots of divers all over the state, including a couple of great folks in JAX. Be sure to check out the Florida Conch Divers forum here. Post a note like the one above and just wait for them to show up.

Of course, if you're in the mood to drive a bit, you can always join the South Florida contingent. We're either on the beach or a boat almost every weekend.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

Hi Grier, and thanks for the welcome.

I forgot to mention that the in-laws live in Loxahatchee, FL (about a 25 minute drive west of West Palm Beach). We were snorkeling about 1/4 mile off the Breakers hotel two weekends ago. I got to see a good sized barracuda, and a 3 finned sea-turtle that I followed around for a while, amongst other, more common fish. Unfortunately some bad thunderstorms chased us away. That was when I decided it was time to get back into diving. I have a feeling we will be visiting the in-laws a lot more this year...

Mark

GrierHPharmD:
Welcome to the Board, Mark. And welcome back to the sport.

We have lots of divers all over the state, including a couple of great folks in JAX. Be sure to check out the Florida Conch Divers forum here. Post a note like the one above and just wait for them to show up.

Of course, if you're in the mood to drive a bit, you can always join the South Florida contingent. We're either on the beach or a boat almost every weekend.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

[SIZE=2]Welcome Aboard!!!!![/SIZE]

Becarefull, it's addictive!!!

Good friends and good info. What could be better?!?!?!?!

P.S. - Don't forget to fill out your profile.

Jax951,
My wife and I like diving in WPB. Next time you are down this way, give us a PM. We would love to dive with you and your wife.

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom