Hello from Oceanic | AERIS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause:
This is my official "out-of-the-closet" moment. My name is Doug Krause, Marketing Manager for both Oceanic and AERIS product lines. I have been lurking here for quite a while, and make frequent use of the board to get unsolicited, real-word feedback on our products. Going forward, I will participate as I am able to answer questions or direct members to someone at the factory that may be able to help. We have a dedicated Customer Service/Tech Support department that spends some time on the board as well, and may easily be contacted directly via phone or email - I will include their contact information as well as my own below.

Thanks for the input so far, I look forward to getting to know all of you more through the board.

Customer Service / Tech Support
service@oceanicusa.com or info2@diveaeris.com
toll free: (800) 435-3483, ext. 226 or 128
Hi Doug! Welcome to SB! New versa pro user here. I love it so far!!! Still debating on buying the upload cable. Will take it wreck diving this weekend.

Chip

Welcome Doug! Always glad to see a manufacturer on the board.

Proud owner of a XR1 and I love it. Use to have the Atmos 1 but it lost the water activation so I sent it back and exchanged it for the XR1 at no charge. Had to deal with customer service once and they were great.

ONESPEED:
This is the first I've heard of this. What effect do X-ray machines have on computers?:huh:
That's my best guess after trouble shooting and talking with Doug from Oceani.
(1) All my dives since Roatan will download;
(2) None of my dives before leaving Roatan will download - altho the basic info was still readable;
(3) And Doug mentioned something about electroagnetic waves for a cell phone is the same bag as the computer and close to it possibly corrupting date to the point that it could not be downloaded.

I'm guessing that the Roatan Security X-ray is not the latest technology and could well have spayed a lot of waves on the dive computer - but that's the extent of my reasoning. Wonder if Doug could be asked to comment on this....?

Welcome Doug! My own Aeris experience has been, well, less than satisfactory and I can no longer in all good conscience recommend the product. I've had no less than 9 different problems with mine, and while the customer service is great, that doesn't help me when the computer craps out at 90 feet, or when it fails at 70 feet on a tropical vacation. :shocked: What used to be my primary computer has become my secondary, as I don't have confidence in it.

Sorry Doug, nothing personal you understand.

-Valerie

Figured I'd chime in... Have an Oceanic Veo 250 and love it. I'm a newbie and it's ease of use is great. Also have a Probe BC and can't say enough good things about it. Although I have to wonder what the male clip is for on the left side hidden under the pocket...seems pretty random to me.

Oceanic Delta 4 FDX-10, Alpha 8 Octo, Veo 250 swiv, Isla BC, hightop booties, snorkel - I'm a walking Oceanic advertisement :)

A hearty "WELCOME", Doug!

My old DataMax Pro Plus is like the Timex of dive computers . . . Takes a lickin and . . ., well you know the rest.

Smart marketing move.

the Kraken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom