Hello from Oceanic | AERIS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Doug,

First of all, I have a Oceanic PDC, BCD, and Regulator and have been happy with my purchases. I think it is great that your here participating on scubaboard.

I have a Versa Pro PDC and have a question for you and a couple of observations about the Oceanlog software.

1. Can you describe how the Versa Pro determines how many segments of the VARI (Variable Ascent Rate Indicator) should be illuminated. Is it displaying an average of a number of samples or is it displaying the current rate of ascent.
  2. In Oceanlog I noticed that the values shown in the VARI column appear to be determined by the number of segments that were being displayed on the PDC at the time of the sample. The values shown in the VARI Column appear to be the values associated with depths greater than 60 ft. when the current depth is less than 60 ft. ( for example 2 segments should indicate 16 to 20 fpm instead of 31 to 40 fpm)
  3. This evening I tried to print the dive "data and graph" and found two minor issues.
    • First, at least on my computer, selecting "print log" from the "Log Book" menu doesn't do anything. Clicking on the print icon launches the printing options window.
    • On the printout the data in the "DIVE DATA" section (top right of page) is off by one row beginning with the "Tank ID:" row. This is possibly due to the addition of the SAC Rate in the dive data.

My Citizen Aqualand log software calculates the SAC if I enter the pressure used on the dive. That software gives reasonably consitent SAC values. The new version of the Aeris download software has calculated my SAC rates for a few dives and they disagree a good bit from the Citizen software, and are not consistent. Any updates or corrections yet on how it is calculated and if it is working okay? I assume that it uses the pressure used, dive time, and average depth for the calculations:

(P/T) * (D/33+1)

95VROOM:
My Citizen Aqualand log software calculates the SAC if I enter the pressure used on the dive. That software gives reasonably consitent SAC values. The new version of the Aeris download software has calculated my SAC rates for a few dives and they disagree a good bit from the Citizen software, and are not consistent. Any updates or corrections yet on how it is calculated and if it is working okay? I assume that it uses the pressure used, dive time, and average depth for the calculations:

(P/T) * (D/33+1)

We are aware of problems with the SAC calculation - no fix as of the moment, but I will post as soon as we have a patch available.

Forgive me if I'm blunt, I am considering buying my first regulator & am looking at an Oceanic package. I think it is the Delta 4. I am waiting for the dive shop to make a final proposal. I plan to dive in southern ontario (cold water). The last thing I want to find out is that my regulator does not work in cold water. Please comment on your regulators' performance in cold water, including which primary / secondary is best.

hey Doug, welcome to the board.

So if i have an Oceanic question, PM you or ask you here?

Hey Doug

I am an avid supporter of Oceanic/Aeries products. I teach thru the Fishing & Diving in Cape Canaveral, Florida. I have been upgrading my teaching equipment to Oceanic from Aqualung (USD) along with my personal gear. I am extremely happy the reliability and versitility of your products surpassing USD. Some of my USD regs I had in service since 1998 and I now need to say so long to them since they are now exceeding their useful lives. I hope and am sure Oceanic will give me this dependability. My personal regs have been trouble free over 3 years and the four Oceanic Regs I have in service for classes are the same trouble free system.

I especially lile your line of women's BC's since my classes are exceed 60% female now.

Joe Bartoszek
321-537-9751
www.cbscubaodyssey.com

Andrew Richardson:
Forgive me if I'm blunt, I am considering buying my first regulator & am looking at an Oceanic package. I think it is the Delta 4. I am waiting for the dive shop to make a final proposal. I plan to dive in southern ontario (cold water). The last thing I want to find out is that my regulator does not work in cold water. Please comment on your regulators' performance in cold water, including which primary / secondary is best.

Hi Andrew,

I know this was posted to Doug but I'll answer it.
I've taught in Ontario,(Toby, used to live in Borden outside Barrie). The Delta 4 will be fine in the waters you are diving in regards to cold water performance. It comes with an enviornmental seal from the factory. If you are diving in the winter (ice diving) the out of water temp. can be an issue with any regulator. Make sure you do not breath thru the reg on the surface, the wet first stage being in very cold air is much more likely to freeze than if you only breath thru it when the first stage is under water. I've taught ice diving with a air temp of -20 and using the proper technique was the indicator of how well the regulator resisted freezing, more so than the design.

Best,

Chris Richardson
Oceanic Regional Sales Manager Southeast

Cool ! l love your stuff.

Oceanic Excursion
Veo 250
Delta 4 / FDX 10
Alpha 8 octo

I made somebodys car payment, how about a free bumper sticker?

Hi Doug & Oceanic team,

If i may, can anyone confirm if the Oceanlog software has problems working with AMD PC's?

I have successfully installed Oceanlog on 2 laptops, but i cannot get it to work on my desktop (main) PC at home (runtime error 1004 every time i attempt to load it).

Any theories?

Any help GREATLY appreciated.
P.S. sorry if this is in the wrong section, but its driving me around the bend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom