Help Choosing My First BCD????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not the dir guys. The ones who tried to make it sound specialized and confusing were and still are the mfg's that want to keep pushing poodle jackets with integrated weights, elevator levers, integrated octos, and a dozen d rings in the wrong locations.

I'm not sure why you have ruled out a BP/W. That would be my only recommendation unless you were looking to go sidemount. The only dives I have ever done in a jacket BC were the ones in my OW class, and I would certainly do the same thing again.

Agreed.

I too did the jacket thing for my OW classes, then tried my friend's DR TravelPac and decided to buy one.
Switched out to a DR Voyager XT with a 5-pound BP for diving singles after about a year, and then a DR Classic XT for doubles after that, but still love the TravelPac and think it's an excellent first BCD.

I would never consider a jacket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom