Help Identifying Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rds4640

Contributor
Reaction score
Any ideas what reg this is? I was thinking AL but cant find a schematic that fits that shape.

IMG_8440.jpg

It kinda looks like a US Divers Pro Diver 1st stage but the lower (environmental cap?) does not seem to match nor does the machining around the port plug, and the 2nd stage doesn't register either.

Perhaps it is an iteration of a DACOR Pacer?

Perhaps it is a knockoff of a US Diver Pro Diver.

-Z

Odd one. The first stage shape looks early, but the yoke and second stage look '80s.

Can we have some more photos? The top of the yoke knob and the bottom of the reg might help. Is there any wording on it at all? A pressure rating on the yoke?

Edit: on closer inspection, I can make out "3000 PSI Service" and "Service 207 B".

The US Divers flying saucer looking 1st stage was introduced by US Divers/Aqualung in 1983 as their Jean-Michel Cousteau Royal Regulator Series. It later became known as the Pro Diver as well.....but it still doesn't match the photo the OP posted (finish, port plugs, environmental seal/cap, yoke, etc.):

1696310260367.png

1696310198404.png

Maybe @rsingler might know more.

-Z

1696311360862.png
1696311851764.png

1696312131206.png

But it still doesn't match the photo the OP posted (finish, port plugs, environmental seal/cap, yoke, etc.):
Also the hole you can see in the lower part of the saucer suggests that this is a piston design while the USD JMC RR :) is a diaphragm. Although I guess it could be just a spot to insert a hook spanner for disassembly since it doesn't appear to have wrench flats like the USD reg.

Reactions: Zef
Also the hole you can see in the lower part of the saucer suggests that this is a piston design while the USD JMC RR :) is a diaphragm. Although I guess it could be just a spot to insert a hook spanner for disassembly since it doesn't appear to have wrench flats like the USD reg.

The shape among the other things mentioned previously are not consistent with anything US Divers/Aqualung that I have found/seen.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom