Help Identifying Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ll get some more pics up later today.
I assumed it was a piston from the side holes and assumed they bored all the way but I’ll check. The bottom has two spots for a face spanner which is another reason I assumed the side holes went all the way.

I have seen this regulator and I am fairly certain it is a Spirotechnique.

If I recall correctly it is a balanced piston first stage with a different balancing method, for a flow-by piston.

Liklely mid 80's Spiro, before Aqualung consolidated brand names.
The Club 3 look like a match, as shown on spiro-vintage.
Great find. It looks to be the Club 3 XL.
Next question would be does the current AL service kits work?

Liklely mid 80's Spiro, before Aqualung consolidated brand names.
The Club 3 look like a match, as shown on spiro-vintage.
I saw your post after I posted, and I agree, it looks like the Club 3.

From the pictures it is hard to definitely say which second stage this is. The Spiro Club 3 or Spiro Aqualung R had a metal ring around the cover. I can't see that metal ring on your pictures. I do not see the adjustment knob the "R" would have, so it's likely a Club 3.
The Club 3 is virtually the same as the Club 2 with a different cover if memory serves me right. The Club 2 on the other hand is pretty much a Spiro 25.

The first stage is a Club 3 for sure, again which is pretty much the same as the Club 2 with a slightly different body. I don't have the exact schematics for this regulator, but you may find the attached useful for any projects you are doing on it.

Attachments

• Spiro Aqualung R - Schematics (1986).pdf
    770.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Spiro Club 2 XL - Schematics.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • Spiro Club 4 - Schematics (1986).pdf
    723.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Spiro Club 25 - Schematics.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
Both the first and second stage look simple enough that you should be able to find parts. I would not count on finding a "service kit".

The O-rings may be metric (probably) and they can be easily source from McMaster-Carr.

The typical SAE O-ring found on many regulators are 0.07" thick cross section of the rubber. It is no uncommon to find European regulators that instead use the 1.5mm (0.059") cross section O-rings. The good news is that metric O-rings come in many combinations of rubber cross section and the ring ID. The size increments are very small and they are easily obtained from McMaster Carr.

The HP seat and LP seat look fairly standard.

From the pictures it is hard to definitely say which second stage this is. The Spiro Club 3 or Spiro Aqualung R had a metal ring around the cover. I can't see that metal ring on your pictures. I do not see the adjustment knob the "R" would have, so it's likely a Club 3.
The Club 3 is virtually the same as the Club 2 with a different cover if memory serves me right. The Club 2 on the other hand is pretty much a Spiro 25.

The first stage is a Club 3 for sure, again which is pretty much the same as the Club 2 with a slightly different body. I don't have the exact schematics for this regulator, but you may find the attached useful for any projects you are doing on it.
Yes, it's quite sure a Club 3 first and second stage, I think the ones with the metal ring were pretty rare.
My one is a Club 2 XL, so the same 1st, but a different 2nd......

Attachments

• P1160059.JPG
    P1160059.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 39
  • P1160627.JPG
    P1160627.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 39
  • P1160634.JPG
    P1160634.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 38
  • P1160644.JPG
    P1160644.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 33
  • P1160646.JPG
    P1160646.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 41
Yes, it's quite sure a Club 3 first and second stage, I think the ones with the metal ring were pretty rare.
My one is a Club 2 XL, so the same 1st, but a different 2nd......
I suspected it was a Spiro, but all I could find were resources about their double hose regulators and kept finding info about the Royal/Pro Diver.

Great thing the knowledge on this board is both wide and deep.

Cheers,
-Z

It's a Spiro. US Divers had them in their catalog in the mid 80's for a couple of years and I believed they called it Sport if I can remember correctly. We got a big batch of them in at our dive shop in the early 90's on a one time deal and sold them for $99. It was called Club at that time.

Hi All

I have a Pro Diver first stage "USD Royal SL" and second Stage. Does someone know the number or part number of the Kit(s) to service both units.

Thanks
20221009_143218.jpg
20240111_161751.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom