Help Identifying Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It kinda looks like a US Divers Pro Diver 1st stage but the lower (environmental cap?) does not seem to match nor does the machining around the port plug, and the 2nd stage doesn't register either.

Perhaps it is an iteration of a DACOR Pacer?

Perhaps it is a knockoff of a US Diver Pro Diver.

-Z
Do you know if this is ‘all original’ ? What ‘make’ is 2nd stage? I have a couple regs that are a collection of compatible working parts but not original to the other. I will await a consensus from the experienced collectors who may have seen a similar or same setup. 🤷‍♂️

Do you know if this is ‘all original’ ? What ‘make’ is 2nd stage? I have a couple regs that are a collection of compatible working parts but not original to the other. I will await a consensus from the experienced collectors who may have seen a similar or same setup. 🤷‍♂️

Not 100% sure which regulator you are refering to, but if it is the one in the first post of this discussion thread then the models were identified in the posts above as Spirotechnique Club 3. Here is a picture and a website you can peruse for more information.

From the looks of the picture that the OP posted, their regulator is not "all original", as the original port plugs were not Allen key fittings but instead were slotted for a flat-head screw driver:

1707450220826.png

Also, without more pictures of the OP's 2nd stage, the faceplate looks to be a Club 3XL, but the 3XL 2nd stage has a metal body where in the OP's picture in post 1 it looks to be made of plastic. There is note at the link above that states:

"Détail du second étage du CLUB 3 de 1985. Version métal sans molette de réglage de l'effet venturi et avec capot plastique. Version éphémère qui ne sera plus fabriquée dès 1986."

Which rougly translates as:

"Detail of the CLub 3 2nd stage from 1985. Metal version without venturi adjustment knob and with plastic cover. Short lived version that will no longer be made in 1986."

It could be that in 1986 the body of the Club 3 2nd stage was made from plastic instead of metal...but I am by no means an expert on any of this.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom