Help me streamline!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ended up doing just the opposite of what every one has suggested. I was feet heavy and moved the tank all the way up, no help..yes I was weighted correctly. I thought about this for a moment and then moved the tank, that will become positive the longer you dive, towards my feet. Problem solved. I even tried moving trim weights around with no luck.
I am tall and skinny so this may be just because of my build but it worked. Also may be because I use a 7 mm suit. Don't know but it worked.

3dent:
Now, assuming that you are properly weighted, a trim adjustment that you might consider (in addition to those already mentioned) is to check the position of your tank. If it’s too low, it will make you foot-heavy. Can you mount your BC a little lower on the tank (effectively raising the tank) to move some of the tank weight a little closer to your head?
This is exactly what I have done to countact my sinking feet, as I too am tall and thin and naturally find my feet sinking. It has worked to better the situation, but has never been perfect. I think I'll try this...

Bill51:
The solution that works for me is to wrap a 1.5 # ankle weight around my tank valve and I’m in perfect trim.

Back
Top Bottom