Help! Water temperature right now in Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I hope this is a simple question for those of you that know. My family and I are staying and diving on GC the first week of January. It's our first time staying on the island and diving multiple days. We're diving with Ocean Frontiers on the east end.

Their website currently shows the water temp as 85.5 F. This is a bit warmer than I would expect, so I'm borrowing some wisdom from a former president and I'll trust... but I'd like to verify.

Can anyone provide independent confirmation of the current water temp there? I don't want to bring more neoprene than necessary... but I really don't want to bring less neoprene than necessary!

Thank you!

I was on the Brac last week, my computer read at 82
I was wearing 3mm full suit and was comfy.

Thanks everyone! Those temps make much more sense. I'll be there next week and I'll ask the dive shop about the temp they're posting on their website -- maybe they just forgot to update it for the past three months. But I'll certainly plan for 81-82 F.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom