Help with a DEPP Claim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After almost 6 months after my equipment was stolen... no news from DEPP. For the past week they don't even respond to my emails. This is amazing, I have spoken to my lawyer, they will be contacting them next week.

Is there a viable alternative to DEPP?
Many, depending on where you live. Might be difficult in Libya .

After almost 6 months after my equipment was stolen... no news from DEPP. For the past week they don't even respond to my emails. This is amazing, I have spoken to my lawyer, they will be contacting them next week.
Do any good?

as of december 2012 that toll free number has been disconnected. We are also trying to file a flood claim. We have hear heard nothing back.
You might try your state insurance department, checking for complaints, other contact info, perhaps an alternate way to get money owe? I can't get their site to open at the moment: www.[B]equipmentprotection[/B].com/depp.html

Hi- we are in the same (dive) boat. We had a flood in November while testing equipment before a trip. While I have had a good response from Depp years ago on a claim, there was no response this time. We faxed, email (multiple emails), filed an online claim, and left numerous phone messages. I contacted our capital one insurance card company that we used to purchase the insurance. I sent them Depp policy info. and detailed info, filing a "disputed claim". They have reimbursed the premium of $400. I was led to believe they also may help cover replacement costs. We are waiting for a letter from them detailing the additional info they want. Needless to say we did not renew our policy, and now have a policy with DAN. Everything Dan sent was significantly more professional.

Happy diving!

I am still waiting for the check for coverage of my dive computer stolen back in June of 2010. Dixie contacted me months ago and said they had sent a check about 14 months ago. I never received it. She then said another check would be mailed out. I never received it.

Recently I had communication from Dixie who told me that the USPS had finally returned the first check as undeliverable. It only took them 14 months to get it back to DEPP. Unbelievable. Turns out they were using my street address rather than my post office box to send the checks to. We get no street delivery here on Catalina and everything sent to our street address is returned. I'm hoping I will finally see the check now that I've made sure Dixie has the proper mailing address.

I have to admit this I just stumbled across this thread and wow!

Sad to read after using D.E.P.P. (Awry Enterprises Inc.) in the past...

I hope someone starts a new thread about dedicated dive equipment insurance.
:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom